Approved!!!

spancha

Registered Users (C)
Finally, I heard the much awaited words on the AVM -

Thanks to everybody on this board - we have a great support system here while we are waiting. Also - thanks to Ciba for the great work. Ciba - I don\'t think I am on your list - I did try to register using the form recently, but I think it wasn\'t working. However, I have been following this discussion group for a long time.

My details - EB1, India, ND 11/00, FP 01/01 (2 weeks ahead of schedule), RFE 05/25/01, RFE reply updated 08/17/01, Approved 09/06/01

Also for those with an interest in esoteric cases - this may be of interest because it proves that something that most people told me is not possible is indeed possible - mine is an unusual case - I first got my green card in 1990. I got married later, and since my wife (and later, son) were on the long waiting list for their immigrant visas, and could not get even visitors visas to the US, I could not live in the US and had to keep shuttling between India and the US. In 1999, I gave up my green card, entered the US with my family on a H1 (later L1) visa, and then started the green card process all over again, which has finally been approved today.

I admire you.

Spancha:

I admire your guts in giving up the GC to meet your family. After all, we are here for a better life for the whole family, not just ourselves. I also respect INS for giving you justice at least this time(I\'m sure INS knew that you had given up your GC), although it would be better if you had not had to go through all the trouble.

No Title

You could have got Citizenship in 1995/96, and sponsored your family quickly!!!! Just a thought.

Congrats:A close friend of mine did something similar

He gave up his green card in 1992 got H1, brought his family here on H4 and then started his green card again and got his second GC
in couple of years.