Approved!

desiusa

Registered Users (C)
Yippe, it's finally here.

I received emails yesterday that our cases were approved, the approval notice was sent and that card production has been ordered.

Finally, this ordeal has come to an end (almost).

The details of my case are in the signature. I waited for 3 years and 4 months to get my approval; hopefully you guys won't have to wait for so long.

I filed WoM on Feb 15th of this year, through a lawyer.

What I also did was to send a letter to the First Lady on the same date. The FBI cleared my namecheck in response to a letter from Mrs. Bush, in the last week of April.

After the namecheck was cleared, the USCIS had no reason to hold my application especially since there was a WoM pending.

To all of you guys who are waiting I recommend that you send a letter to the First Lady about your namecheck and then wait for a couple of months. Most likely, you namecheck will be cleared in that time frame. After that your approval will be a given.

If you are in a rush (like I was), you can file a WoM and send the letter at the same time.

I am so glad it's over. I will answer any questions that you guys have. I wish you all good luck.

Desi

Congratulations! I like it when the cases with really old priority dates get approved.

Enjoy the freedom!

mdh

Template for letter to the First Lady attached

I have attached a template for letter to the First Lady with this message.
-Desi

Congratulation. My case is similar to yours. 485 NC has been pending since 5/2004. I wrote to the first lady last Dec, Michael Cannon responsed to me this March saying NC is still pending. I am thinking about WOM. Which state are you in now? Is your lawyer still optimistic about WOM? Can you release your lawyer information such as fee and contact information?

Thanks a lot

NIW waiting

Yippe, it's finally here.

I received emails yesterday that our cases were approved, the approval notice was sent and that card production has been ordered.

Finally, this ordeal has come to an end (almost).

The details of my case are in the signature. I waited for 3 years and 4 months to get my approval; hopefully you guys won't have to wait for so long.

I filed WoM on Feb 15th of this year, through a lawyer.

What I also did was to send a letter to the First Lady on the same date. The FBI cleared my namecheck in response to a letter from Mrs. Bush, in the last week of April.

After the namecheck was cleared, the USCIS had no reason to hold my application especially since there was a WoM pending.

To all of you guys who are waiting I recommend that you send a letter to the First Lady about your namecheck and then wait for a couple of months. Most likely, you namecheck will be cleared in that time frame. After that your approval will be a given.

If you are in a rush (like I was), you can file a WoM and send the letter at the same time.

I am so glad it's over. I will answer any questions that you guys have. I wish you all good luck.

Desi

Desiusa,
Congratulations, and I am glad that the letter to the first lady worked for you, the same as in my case!
Marusia

Congratulation. My case is similar to yours. 485 NC has been pending since 5/2004. I wrote to the first lady last Dec, Michael Cannon responsed to me this March saying NC is still pending. I am thinking about WOM. Which state are you in now? Is your lawyer still optimistic about WOM? Can you release your lawyer information such as fee and contact information?

Thanks a lot

NIW waiting

NIW waiting:

I advise you to write a complaint to CIS Ombudsman. Also, if you have the FOIPA request done and have a response from FBI for FOIPA, it would be good to attach. Then they have no reason to keep your NC.

Marusia:

Thanks for your suggestion. In fact, I did everything last year. I requested senator's inquiry every 3 month. I got FOIPA saying no record. I wrote to CIS ombudsman. The letter I wrote to the first lady last Nov had all the attachments including every effort I made. Cannon's response letter simply said " FOIPA is different than name check, and my name check is still pending. blahhh" I am just that unlucky one :(. I sent the first lady another letter (80 pages attachments) two weeks ago, I do not even count on that.

This is why WOM is the only choice to me.

NIW waiting:

I advise you to write a complaint to CIS Ombudsman. Also, if you have the FOIPA request done and have a response from FBI for FOIPA, it would be good to attach. Then they have no reason to keep your NC.

Marusia

Your GC got approved on 5/2. Have you received ur card yet? Do you know how long it takes after approval?

Desi

I got my and my son's cards today! This is 9 days after approval.
It was a long and dramatic road, but now it is over.

Here is one of my poems - about this path (though it was written many years ago). I hope it will encourage those who are on their way to the Green Card:

"Mountain pass"

I am so grateful to You, Lord -
You gave me life and chance to try
Knaps and the hills by strong assault:
My bread of life seems not so dry.
I have to have tremendous drive
And break through every huge barrier.
I have to climb up and survive,
Like mountaineer - through career.
And even Himalayan peak
Seems not as huge as that I’ve passed!
And being tired, exhausted, sick,