Approved!

Homermn2001

Registered Users (C)
Interview was yesterday in Bloomington, MN. Very easy took about 15 minutes total. I guess contractors are throwing away sponsor photos in Chicago so I had to retake mine (free of charge). Didn't look at the photos or evidence just put them in the file. She commented on how well I filled out all the forms, I could tell this really helped the processing of our case and interview. She stated we would have the GC in one week, later that night two approval e-mails.

Piece of advice, keep it simple we didn't bring in a suitcase full of materials. About 20 photos, some bills, lease agreement. We probably spent a total of 30 minutes before leaving for the interview collecting the materials. Be honest and if you have nothing to hide all will be well.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Very anti-clmatic and very very smooth process with USCIS. No problems, case went very well. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

ND 5/1
Interview 8/8 Approved.

Wow ! Congrats! Glad to hear it went well, Thank you also for the tips.

Did they Stamp your passport?

Good Luck and enjoy your new life!

Seems to be a really cool interview..
Congratulations!

BTW where do they let you take pics free of charge? Was it at the DO - quite surprising then.

Homermn2001 said:
Interview was yesterday in Bloomington, MN. Very easy took about 15 minutes total. I guess contractors are throwing away sponsor photos in Chicago so I had to retake mine (free of charge). Didn't look at the photos or evidence just put them in the file. She commented on how well I filled out all the forms, I could tell this really helped the processing of our case and interview. She stated we would have the GC in one week, later that night two approval e-mails.

Piece of advice, keep it simple we didn't bring in a suitcase full of materials. About 20 photos, some bills, lease agreement. We probably spent a total of 30 minutes before leaving for the interview collecting the materials. Be honest and if you have nothing to hide all will be well.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Very anti-clmatic and very very smooth process with USCIS. No problems, case went very well. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

ND 5/1
Interview 8/8 Approved.

I agree.
No tuxedo, no suitcases, no powerpoint presentations (we should have enough of it rfom work, damn!), just bring what you have to bring....don't over-do......
Relax.
You just have to show them that the marriage is real, you don't have to give them a good impression because you're asking to marry his/her daughter.
And if the marriage is real, I think it's easy to prove (unless there's an extreme case).

No stamp in the passport, she showed us the confirmation where she ordered it on the USCIS Intranet site, so I have no worries that it will arrive soon.

The photos were free because it was USCIS error. Can you believe they actually take responsiblity!!??!!