Approved - What a relief!!

trisam

Registered Users (C)
The online status and phone message both indicate my case was approved on 3/23. My wife's case also got approved. However, online status for my kids says 'receipt not found'. I hope they are also approved.
EAC # 021755XXXX
RD - April 25, 2002
FP2- Jan 15, 2004
RFE RD - February 05, 2004 (Employer's Letter,W2,Tax Returns)
Had to file I-485 Supplement A for my wife (+$1000) and my kids (the lawyer renewed my H-1 but did not renew H-4 for my wife and kids. However my wife did have employment authorization but still they wanted Supplement A to be filed for her).

This forum has been very useful all along. Thanks to everyone sharing their views/opinions on the forum. Good Luck to everyone. Have faith. Your approval is sure to come. It is only question of time.

I would appreciate if someone with kids can shed some light on why my kids receipt numbers have suddenly disappeared from USCIS Online Status Check system.

Thanks
TRISAM

Why the Supplement A?

Trisam,

If your wife had an EAD why did they ask for supplement A?

Currently I am on H1, but my wife and kids are in AOS. I did not file their extension since their H4 was not expiring when we filed I-485.

Do we need to file for extension for them, even though they are in AOS?:(

??:confused:

believe_in_self,

In my wife's case, there was a gap between the expiry of H4 and applying for I-485 and Employment Authorization. Probably that was the reason why they asked for Supplement A for her.

In my children's case they were out of status from the day their first H4 expired. So there was no way out but to file Supplement A for them. Fortunately they do not charge anything for children.

I had requested my lawer to file for Supplement A along with I-485. But he insisted that we should only file if USCIS askes for it. Ultimately they did ask for it.

In your case, if you filed for AOS before their H4 expired, they are always in-Status and you do not need to file for the extension.

Good Luck.
Thanks
-TRISAM

Congrats

Congrats.

Did u automatically receive FP2?

Last edited by a moderator:
OmGV,

Before I got my 2nd FP, I sent letters to senators and the senators did contact USCIS on my behalf. I am not 100% sure but that could have triggered 2nd FP. I kept on contacting the senators regulary writing them letters indicating about RFEs and responses. Many times I received written responses back from the senators' offices asking me to wait, have patients etc.

I believe it does make difference if the senator's office contacts USCIS asking status of our ceses. We don't loose anything in giving our application details and requesting the senators to expedite our case.

Thanks
-TRISAM

hi trisam, congrats and wish you good luck.
I have on question for you, did you do 2FP on scheduled date or did ou do early FP. please answer.

yudhister,

Our FP2 was scheduled on Jan 15, 2004 but we went for fingerprinting on Dec 27, 2003 (Saturday). They checked the notice and said we need to come on the scheduled date (there was nobody in for fingerprinting at that time). I said we have planned a vacation on Jan 15th ...etc. Then he said okay let's reschedule after Jan 15th. So we just left the office. Basically they did not allow early fingerprinting.
Based on my experience, I would recommend everyone to go on the scheduled date only. Anyway it does not make make much difference if you get it done early.

Thanks
-TRISAM