Approved WAC-02-205-5****

nhats

Registered Users (C)
Well a new phase is about to start. First off, I wanted to thank everybody for sharing their information, wisdom and encouragement. I especially wanted to mention SILLYMAN who called me in my cellphone and give words of encouragement when I was anxious to change jobs last October after my original petitioner died. Last year is a very bad year for me. My father died, my petitioner died, the office which I had been working closed and I was nearly unemployed. However the good thing is I was able to find work quickly due to the recommendation of a peer reviewer who saw the quality of work I produced and suggested to another CPA to hire me "cheaply" and continue my petition.

I am one of the avid lurker in this forum. One who checked for new messages or information at least 5 times in a day, I am also an occasional poster who voiced out frustrated inquiries, and ALWAYS received replies from very very nice and helpful people in this forum.

Hopefully upon the receipt of this much awaited greencard I will get the "salary" due to me. The question now is how soon could I leave this employer so that it won't affect future citizenship plans. Maybe the moderators in this forum could shed some light on this?

To those who are still waiting, I pray for your speedy approvals. To Mr. Khanna, I wish him and his family good health and success for this free and great service to the immigration community. To the moderators of this forum like Kashmir, I-140 takes 4ever, etc. for your ideas, help and trying to keep track of the irrational behavior of the INS/BCIS/USCIS -- THANK YOU!

I used my advance parole once. Hopefully I could go home next year (after I saved enough money) without fear at the LAX port of entry, see my father's grave and bid him the farewell long denied to me after my Advance Parole expired and after my original employer did not allow me to take my leave and asking me to choose between going home and losing my job/withdrawal of his petition.

This is one journey I won't forget. One of the toughest battle you and I face. But it is all made sweeter because we did it without hurting anybody, working to the best of our ability and proving that we deserve to be here.

Natalie

-------------------

WAC 02-205-5****
Position applied: Staff Accountant/Auditor in Public Practice
EB3 RIR
I-485 ND: 6/11/02 RD: 6/7/02 PD 3/30/01
1st FP - 7/24/02
2nd FP - 6/9/04
3EADs/2AP
Used AC21 November 2003 (Original Petitioner Died)
Used AC21 again February 17, 2004 (Need to commute 30 miles one way just to go to the office)
LUD 5/26/04; 6/15/04; 6/23/04; 6/24/04; 6/27;7/3/; 7/6; 7/7
Filed for AR-11 twice and called to verify change of addresses.
1-140 AD: 5/6/02 RFE: Wage Below Prevailing requested DE6, All employees job description, Company’s ITR
HIB: AD: 2/2/01 (Did not renew my HIB)
Arrival in the US: June 23, 2000 as B2.

LUD Message History:

6/15/04: Fingerprint result has been received and they have resumed processing the I:485 Case.
6/27/04: On June 27, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 730 and 730 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

--- Tried to call the phone number and my status could not be found. However I did receive 2 email notification about my case.

7/3/04: Same message as 6/27/04 only that it is taking them 660 days to process the case

7/7/04: Received an email notification that my case has been approved and that they mailed the approval notice. I also called the Customer Service Telephone Number did the status update and verified that my case has been approved.

7/8/04 received the approval notice by mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a tragic story, I am glad you finally received your approval notice. It is terrible when people take advantage of you due to circumstances that are out of your control. And now that you have your green card, make sure you never put yourself in that situation again. Going home is going to be bitter sweet, but I am sure you will feel so much better for doing it. Good luck to you and god bless.

nhats said:
To the moderators of this forum like Kashmir, I-140 takes 4ever, etc. for your ideas, help and trying to keep track of the irrational behavior of the INS/BCIS/USCIS -- THANK YOU!
Glad to have been of assistance.

Congratulations !!

>To the moderators of this forum like Kashmir, I-140 takes 4ever, etc. for your ideas, help and trying to keep track of the irrational behavior of the INS/BCIS/USCIS -- THANK YOU!

My pleasure, and enjoy your freedom,
-kashmir