Approved. Thanks everyone

yenal

Registered Users (C)
Today, we went to the interview in Garden City, NY. It was a great experience. The officer who interviewed us was a very nice lady in her 40s. She asked us basic questions like date of marriage, how did you meet etc. In the end of the interview she was going to stamp my passport but she realized that my passport has expired (stupid of me, why didnt I extend it). She told me that it may take up to 2 months for me to receive the conditional green card. Can it really take that long? My application still shows as pending in USCIS website. Thanks everyone in this site for their help.

FYI. They did not ask for my wife's birth certificate. The certificate of naturalization was enough.

Congrats (.. ur suggestions needed)

Hi Yenal..
congrats on getting ur green card.

me n wife have gc interview next month and was wondering if
you could share ur experience in detail. like long were u guys interviewd.. etc.

though i have a specific question as well.
i am us citizen and filed for my wife's gc.
me n my wife had been married for over a year now.
she was my GF for more than 6 months before she came here (as student) and we got married here in US, after 5 months of her arrival.

In her student visa DS forms she mentioned that she personally doesnt know anyone in US. Now for her GC interview, we are thinking of presenting the email communications etc of the time before she came here. this will show that we have been in relation for long and then got married. I was wondering if immigration office will have access to her old DS forms and will he/she specifically focus on that minor(?) answer of "not knowing anyone in US" .
Plz advise..

ur any additional feedback will also help !! regarding what documents, emails, photos to carry.

thanks in advance,
Tarun

The interview took almost 30 minutes. Most of the time was for the officer to manage the documents on her desk :) I would not worry much about emails etc. I met wife on a dating website and we got married in 7 months. As long as you prove that you guys live together and are a real couple everything should be fine.

Docs:
Lease, bills, car insurance, joint bank statements.

FYI. This is my experience. Yours may be totally different. We were lucky to have a very nice officer.

Today, we went to the interview in Garden City, NY. It was a great experience. The officer who interviewed us was a very nice lady in her 40s. She asked us basic questions like date of marriage, how did you meet etc. In the end of the interview she was going to stamp my passport but she realized that my passport has expired (stupid of me, why didnt I extend it). She told me that it may take up to 2 months for me to receive the conditional green card. Can it really take that long? My application still shows as pending in USCIS website. Thanks everyone in this site for their help.

FYI. They did not ask for my wife's birth certificate. The certificate of naturalization was enough.

CONGRATULATIONS YANEL I HAVE MY INTERVIEW THIS WED AT GARDEN CITY ALSO AND I AM NERVOUS AS HECK CAN YOU PLS GIVE US YOUR timeline like when u mailed your papers did u get any request for evidence, did u go with a lawyer? do u have any over stay issues?

Mr. Hynenal...:D

Congratulations and I am very happy for you... Enjoy the new year with your plastic card and wish you all successes in your endeavors for 2008 and beyond...:)

9/21/2007: Mailed I-130 I-131 I-765 I-485
9/25/2007: RD
9/28/2007: ND
10/16/2007: FP Done.
11/01/2007: EAD Card production ordered.
11/02/2007: AP Approval notice sent.
EAD and AP received don't remember exact dates.
1/7/2008: ID AOS Approved.

I was never out of status and they did not request RFE. Also I did not use any lawyer. I've prepared all the applications with just the help of people in this website (Saved couple thousand bucks :) ). Thanks again.

Hi Javalevi
i got question for u ... How would i know that the green card is conditional or not...does it says on green card that its valid for two years only or something like that...we got GC which says that its vaild for 10 years...does it mean that its not conditional... its as good as like normal one..

also colour is green (i remember it used to be pink)...did they changed the colour

Could u please anwser my both queries...thanks a millon and really appreciate

Last edited by a moderator: