Approved & Stamped

Anantha

Registered Users (C)
thanks to God.

rd 8/27/2001
nd 10/20/2001
ead 11/05/2001

got ap later (03/2002) as i didnt apply initially.

FP went 3 times. first time postponned as i
wanted to marry. Second time, machine FP didnt go through.
Third FP did on July 13th.

Approved on 08/19/2002. No rfe's.
heard on avm same day. notice post marked on 8/23/2002.
got it on 8/26/2002. went stamping on 8/28/2002 on wednesday
and no need to call INS for appointment. just walk in on the day specified in ur courtesy copy. usually it says "wednesday 8 am - 12 pm.

went for stamping today. morning breeze slight cold.
waited 30 min in queue outside. felt other queue moved little fast. but may be just your feeling.
doesnt matter on which queue u stand. all goes inside the building. afterwards you can go to any room, whichever states in your courtesy copy. 334 room was closed and hence went to room 200 (no one told us about 334, but we figured out later).
dont panic. just ask some one or follow some one. after al no need to be ashamed.
Normal crowd with 20 min waiting initially for submission.

Approval notice, EAD, 2 photos, I94 , passport.
also asked if i have AP. I gave that too.
Actually she gave back the passport and asked to wait.

waited in the side of the room. there was no mike , so people hardly could hear their name called , but we got used to it as it proceeded in first come first basis. Then called and stamped and said you may travel out of usa. all set. they wont ask any questions as you are already approved. believe it or not, after your approval, stamping is just "paper-work". Stay relaxed and
crack jokes with your companion... ofcourse, i went alone today.

on stamp they wrote Alien number and my ND date. People
confuse a lot on nd and rd. but in my courtsey copy the RD specified was my 485's ND date.

went to 1035 room for SSN change after stamping. there waited for 30 min as it was crowded. people were advised to visit their neighbourhood city SSN office to avoid delays. But i waited there itself and applied. came back home. new ssn will come after 2 weeks. hopefully, GC card will come in 8 weeks.

that is it and thanking god...

my next phase will start soon as my wife is in india and i am going to apply FOLLOW TO JOIN as she never visited usa because of my religious marriage still pending in india.... will happen soon...

bye all

will see you again during that phase...

forgot to mention that i went to newark INS

forgot to mention that i went to newark INS office.

walking from penn station is easy. just walk 15 min, morning brisk walk. get out penn station, take left from main exit, and continue on market street, you will cross big black buildings on right, then pass mulberry street, take left on broad street. walk few blocks and you will pass city hall and church on left. Then on next left is the INS office. stand on any queue that says
"Immigration/All pro... entrance." i forgot exact word.

thanks.

do we need to change our SSN #

I went to newwark but after stamping no one told us to goto SSN office or for change of that number??? even i asked that lady about it...
Do i need to go again for SSN adjustment or can i get it done at my local SSN office????
what is the rule behind this work...???
Please advise

any SSN office will do

thanks...

you can go to any SSN office to change status from work permit to permanent resident status. It is optional , i guess... but better to do it ; that is what my friends said.

just fill in a form in any SSN office and u will get a new card with same number, but the word "valid for Work only" wont be there.

all the best.

i took only the courtesy copy to newark. original is no need.
original will go to lawyer.