APPROVED - Spouse in INDIA - Help !!!

yaswanth01

Registered Users (C)
Guys

My wife is in INDIA and her 485 was approved (posted my details in another discussion) along with mine. Are there any rules that she had to get her visa stamped in a stipulated time ?? She is planning to come back in Feb/March less than 180 days in INDIA. What is procedure for her to get the passport stamped. She had valid AP until June02.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Yaswanth01

I am in exactly the same position.

I know this is not going to help you in any way but still I thought the situations are similar so I will let you know. My RD is in March and my wife is in India. She will be coming in March of next year. I am also in a bit of confusion. I don\'t know what will happen if she gets approved when she is there in India. But after talking to friends I came to know that the sooner you apply for your Plastic card it is better. If there is a delay in applying it will prolong your Plastic card issuing time it seems.

Read this Yashwanth01 for your wife\'s case

Congrats first on your freedom.
For your wife\'s case please go to Murthy.com and search some old transcripts of chat. Lot of people have asked this question in past and from what i remember she will be paroled in but since her case is approved after she gets passport stamped she will have to go back and show the stamp to INS authority on airport or something like that. Please read the transcripts. If you have doubt then contact a attorney.

Enjoy.

No Title

I am also in the same situation, my wife is in India and she is expected to come back in the second week of January.
Here is the following transcripts I obtained from Murthy\'s chat

Chat User : Dear Ms. Murthy, if I-485 is approved does one still need advance parole to re-enter U.S.? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy: If one was abroad when the I-485 was approved, then one cannot use AP to enter, since the AP is only when the I-485 is still pending. Instead, INS instructions allow a person to be paroled in for deferred inspection. The individual then has to go to the local INS Dist. Office to get the stamp with the Temporary Evidence of Lawful Permanent Resident in the PP and come back to the port of entry to show the stamp to the Inspector at a date / time the Inspector indicates