Approved, RD Jan 18, 2002

aandadas

Registered Users (C)
Both my and spouse's case got approved. Thanks a lot to Rajiv Khanna and his group for maintaining such an outstanding immigration forum. Did not write anything so far but was following this forum regularly for the past two years. In brief my story is as follows:

1996: Came to US on H1 visa (spouse joined me the same year)

2000 Oct: Joined another Institute with H1 transfer

2001 Aug: Applied I-140, Outstanding researcher. Neither company nor self hired any lawyer. Everything was prepared by myself and my company was kind enough to give the required signature.

2001 Oct: I-140 approved

2001 Nov: Went for our 3rd trip to India and came back on H1 stamped (passport got 3 H1 stamps all from the same US Consulate in India) during the visit.

2002 Jan: I485 applied - by myself.

2002 Feb: I765 for EAD applied

2002 March 27: First fingerprinting done on scheduled date (Status got updated on voicemail and computer)

2002 April: I765 approved

2003 Jan: I765 (2nd) and I131 (1st) for advance parole applied

2003 Feb: I765 and I131 approved.

2003 April: Moved to a new address in the same city. Sent AR-11 to Kentucky and Vermont. Also spoke to IIO over the phone.

2003 July 29: 2nd fingerprint notice came to our new address. Fingerprinting done on the date scheduled.

2003 Sept: Went for our 4th India trip and came back on advance parole.

2003 Oct: Received RFE (Pay stub, employment letter)

2003 Nov 6: RFE received by Vermont, status updated.

2003 Dec 6: Received 3rd fingerpirnt notice.

2003 Dec 9: Case approved as per online and voice mail.

2003 Dec 13: Received approval letters.

Good Luck and best wishes to all those who are waiting.....

NB: Let us hope and pray that India will achieve the 2nd greatest victory (1st one - the Kolkata Test, 2001) in cricket history tonight.

Congrats!!! Mine is also same rd Jan 18, 2002. Got approved on Nov 19th after RFE.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your congratulations and good wishes.

Yesterday (12/19) we had our pasports stamped at the New York Local INS (26 Federal Plaza).

We reached room no. 102 (8th Floor) at 7.15 am and stood in the short queue. By 7.35 am our passports, approval letters, fingerprints (Index finger only) and signatures were taken at the counter. By the next one hour the big hall was totally full with waiting people. At around 9.30am we got the call for passport pick up. The stamp was very simple carrying the information of only date of issue and expiry, A# and the category in which the approval was given. We went to the 31st floor of the same building immediately for the change of our social security cards. By 10 am we were done.

Thank God, it is finally over. After almost 7 and a 1/2 years of alien status we are now permanent residents of USA.
Let us see how much it changes our life in future!

Best wishes and goodluck to everybody once again....