jbond_46254

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I485 (EB2) has been approved:
RD: 4/2/2002
ND: 4/3/2002
FP: 5/30/2003
AD: 5/17/2004

I received an approval notice in the mail which says that "This is a courtesy notice to advise you of action taken on this case. The official notice has been mailed to your attorney."

I will appreciate if somebody will recent PP stamping experience in Dallas can respond to the following queries:

1. Can I just take the courtesy notice that I received in the mail for PP stamping or do I need to get the official notice from my attorney and take that?

2. The notice that I recd. lists the following docs that I need to bring for stamping: PP, Arrival/Departure record, I-94 and 2 Photographs. I learned, by talking to some people, that I need to take my EADs/APs as well.
Apart from these docs, is there anything else I need to take at all? Do I need to take an employment letter?

3. In the list of docs above, the notice mentions Arrival/Departure record and I-94. Aren't these one and the same thing? I'm confused as to why they have listed it sparately.

Thanks a lot in advance for all the reponses,

Thanks
James

i'm not sure if the courtesy copy is enough,but they do collect your old EADs and APs.Also, if you are going to the Dallas office you need to get an appointment.

Hello:

I had passport stamping experience last week in louisville, KY. The process should not be different at other offices. The procedure is standard.

You take the following:

1. Approval Notice (I took the courtesy copy and its OK. I made a copy of that because they take it from you. The official copy sent to lawyer is in my possession now and I have kept it with me for my records. The INS official will confirm the approval status on the computer so don't worry)

2. 2 ADIT style photos-same as used for EAD's

3. I-94 cards (same as arrival/departure record)

4. Passport (valid for at least 6 months)

5. Previous EAD/travel documents (They did not ask for it so I did not offer it-you may take it but as it is not listed on the approval notice, so I think no need to offer it unless they ask for it).

6. Recent paystubs or letter of employment (I took the paystubs but was not asked for it)

Of the above mentionaed 6 documents, documents 1-4 are required. Documents 5-6 are optional but you may want to take it in case asked for it.

Don't worry, its a smooth process now. The courtesy copy is more than enough. Congratulations.

Gkhan.

Congratulations Jbond___ one question

You mentioned that you got the approval notice in mail.

Did you mean that your on line message still says the same like '900 to 950 days"

Just curious.

Thanks for your responses

Thanks to everybody, especially Gkhan, for their responses and for sharing their experiences.

My online message changed to "This case has been approved" the same day as I received the approval in the mail.

thanks
James

How do you get appointment

To sdvid:

How do you get an appointment for PP stamping in Dallas? I am surprised at your comment that an appointment is needed, becausethe notice does not say anything like that. It simply asks to show up M, T, Th or F between 6:30 am and 1 pm.

I did check Infopass but they don't have any appointment category for PP stamping. And other people I know who went to the Dallas office did not get any appointment.

Can you please elaborate on why and how to get this appointment?

Thanks
Kumar

we went for stamping last week after getting the appointment. sometimes, you need to try a couple of times to get the appointment thro' infopass.

Do you need seperate appointments for each person of the family ?.
They do not allow more than one (for the same phone #) :confused: