Approved on 12/1/03

bbbishop

Registered Users (C)
I am glad to share the happy news with you all that my case and my wife's case has been approved per online and phone status. However, there is no change in the status of my daughter's case.

GC Saga:

1. Came to US in March 1998 and started working rightaway on a project in Ohio for company A.

2. Family joined me in May 1998 (daughter was just 6 months old then).

3. Applied for company B H1 in October 1998 and got it in December 1998, but, continued to work for company A.

4. Visited India in Oct-Nov 1999 and cameback with company A visa only.

5. Wanted to join company B in May 2000, but was asked to go out of country and get company B visa or new I-94 on Company B's name. Went to Canada (Niagara Falls) and got new I-94. Never got a stamp in passport for Company B visa.

6. Joined company B in June 2000.

7. Applied for labor in Oct 2000. Got approved in 28 days.

8. Applied for I-140 in December, 2000.

9. Meanwhile, family went to India for a must attend marriage. Their H4's and my H1 expired in September. Applied for renewal in July itself, but the approval came in November.

10. I-140 approved in August, 2001.

11. Family cameback from India in December, 2001

12. Applied for I-485 in Feb 2002. Also applied for EAD abd AP.

13. EAD Received in March 2002 for me and spouse. FP done in April 2002.

14. Applied for 2nd EAD and AP in December 2002 and got them in Feb 2003.

15. 2nd FP notice received in August 2003 and done in August 2003 itself.

16. Called BCIS national service center and they sent a query to vermont service center. Got the response from Vermont in November (28 days from the query date) asking me to allow them another 30-60 days to process this case.

17. Applied for 3nd EAD and AP in November, 2003.

18. Visited Rupnet/Immigration Portal and BCIS website almost 4-5 times a day since August. But, the status was same since April 2002.

19. Finally when checked today morning 'THE MAGIC WORDS APPEARED - THIS CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED'. Checked wife's case, it was also approved. Checked daughter's (she is 6 years old now) case 'Same Old Message'. Hope to get her approval shortly.

20. Same employer during the whole GC Saga.

21. Updated Ruptnet with userID SAM607.

Now waiting for the approval notice.

PS: I tried to register with my name in immigrationportal.com, but was never successful. So, borrowed the first name of coleague on my right and last name of another coleague on my left and made up a name BOB BISHOP and registered in this site. Guess what, it went through.

I am glad that my total GC process took around 3 years. Not sure, whether the 3rd EAD application or the query triggered the approval.

Goodluck to all those waiting. Hope this kind of day comes to you all at the earliest.

- Sreenivas

CcccOooooNnnnnGgggggRrrrrrAaaaaaTttttttttSssssss
GggggOooooOooooDdddd LllllllUuuuuuCcccccKkkkkk

Thank you all guys!!

I thank you all for your moral support . This forum is really wonderful. I learnt a lot from you guys. I also thank Rajeev for providing such an excellent platform for the people to share their ideas/information/happiness/frustration/etc.

Does anyone has stamping experience at Phoenix?

Thanks, Sreenivas

Congrats!!

Wondering how good is your memory.....

Do you write it down all the details in a book including visits?

Thanks.

kjkool, I didn't get any RFE for I-485. My wife got an RFE for her EAD for photographs.

Erukulla, I just made one trip to India in the last six years and my family twice. Is it difficult to remember?

Freegc, When I came to US, I was already married. So, Wedding menu is not party of my life in US.

I have included these incidents, to convey some information.

I mentioned about my first trip to India, to pinpoint a fact that, if you go out of US and comeback on company A visa, and also have another H1 from different company prior to your departure, you need to validate it with USCIS (by going out of country) if you want to use that H1 for employment.

I mentioned about my family trip to India, to point out that, because of their absence here, my I-485 filing was delayed by almost 6 months. My I-140 was approved in August 2001 and I filed I-485 in Feb 2002. Just wanted to caution people to act a bit in advance to get the H1 extentions (not like me).

Thanks, Sreenivas