Approved NSC EB2 China (Portland, OR)

Nervous0

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everyone,

I just checked the AVM message and found out that my case had been approved today (April 2, 2002). My wife\'s case was approved on the same day. I\'m now waiting for the approval notice.

Good luck to everyone!

Nervous

--------------------------------------------------------------------
NSC EB2 China (Portland, OR)
PD: 07/20/2000
    LC Approved 09/2000
    I-140 Approved 11/2000
RD: 04/11/2001 (My PD became current on 04/01/2001)
ND: 04/25/2001
    EAD: 07/11/2001
    AP: 07/06/2001
Job Change: 10/11/2001 (Did not inform the INS)
FP: 12/06/2001
RFE: 02/28/2002 (I-20 and optional practical training)
    Received: 03/07/2002
    Replied: 03/12/2002
    Acknowledged by AVM: 03/20/2002
AD: 04/02/2002 (waiting for approval notice)

Congrats!

What\'s your LIN-01-xxx-xxxxx like ?
Do they always issue RFE ? or only for some?
Thanks!

LIN-01-159-5XXXX

I believe RFEs are just for some, although there seem to be more RFEs since the economy slowed down. Not sure about the percentage, though.

Nervous0: congrads and question for you

Did your REF ask for the employment verification letter? If so, how did you respond it, with new employer\'s letter?

Thanks!

Foxlady

It was not for employment verification

When I learned from AVM that they had mailed an RFE to me, I thought it was for employment verification. However, it turned out to be for my I-20 form (as an international student) and my optional practical training EAD. (My previous employer\'s lawyer forgot to enclose my I-20 with my I-485 application.)

I believe you could find some examples by searching:

http://www.immigrationx.com/

Please let me know if you need any help.

Nervous

Congratulations, My Lin Number is also starts with LIN-159, and INS Received my RFE on 03/22. I hope

Thanks for your postings.

For Nervous0 : Job Change

Hi Mr.Nervous0,
Congratulations. Is there a rule that you need to inform INS of Employer Change in case you change employers even if its after 6 months of Applying your I-485 Application?

Also did you apply for an extension of your EAD/AP and did you do it with another lawyer?

thx
BVRIYER

Is there any difference between your case and my case?

I got approved two month ago. But NSC issued REF for my wife. When I replied ref, the AVM changed saying that this kind of case should take 300-330 days to approve, because the primarily case(me) has completed, it should take 330 days to process.

Anyone has idea?

Thanks
RD/ND: 2/02
EB2,
Ref: 02/02
Applied: 3/26/02

I did

My previous lawyer told me that she would forward anything to me without continuing to represent me.

NSC sent my FP notice to my home address. (No forwarding service needed. ;-)

I learned from AVM that I had an RFE. I called my previous lawyer and asked her to keep an eye on it. She called me two days later and told me that she just received my RFE and what it was for. I asked her to continue to represent me and reply to the RFE. She cited something like "conflict of interests." I went to my previous employer and they gave my previous lawyer a waiver to tell her that the company didn\'t care if she continued to represent me. She agreed. However, she said she had to notify the INS that I changed my job although the RFE was not for employment verification. I didn\'t want to complicate my case and asked my current employer\'s lawyer to reply to the RFE.

Nervous

I didn\'t inform the INS

You don\'t need to inform the INS by the law. However, the June 2001 INS memo does ask an applicant to provide a new employment letter from his new employer. Most people have decided to wait for a potential employment verification RFE instead since they don\'t have to according to the law. As you know, my RFE was not for my employment verification. Here is one of my posts:

Nervous0 4/3/02 2:01pm

I had been thinking to renew my EAD and AP since there are expiring in early July. However, I don\'t need to do that any more.

Hope this helps,

Nervous

It\'s standard message

My AVM acknowledgement was exactly the same: 300-330 days and then 330 days.

Nervous

A sample letter from the 180days group @ yahoo

This is the Sample Letter used by a Successful 180 Day Job Changer who
has got his I-485 Approval Recently
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> This letter serves to confirm that Mr. ABC has
> been employed by Company
> Name as a "chief computer programmer" starting
> November 5, 2001 and is
> compensated with an annual salary of .
>
> (Company Name) intends to employ Mr.ABC on a
> full-time permanent basis in
> the future as a for which an
> Application for Alien Employment
> Certification (Form ETA 750) and an Immigrant
> Petition for Alien Worker
> (Form I-140) have been approved. As such, his
> duties will be as follows.
> (mention the reponsibilities or Job Description).
>
> Feel free to call us should you have any questions.
>
>
Thanks,
HR Manager,
XYZ
Thanks ,

Another Question for Nervous 0

Since you had a new lawyer reply to your RFE, didnt the INS realize that you had changed lawyers and why was the change made?

thx
BVR

I had to change the lawyer by filling out a G-28 form ...

... because my previous lawyer said she had to inform the INS about my job change. Since the RFE was not for employment verification and the law didn\'t say that you had to inform the INS, I decided to fill out a G-28 form to switch to my current employer\'s lawyer. Actually, I asked him (the current lawyer) if I needed to inform the INS about the job change when I joined my current employer and he said no.

After I got the RFE, he did mention that I had an opportunity to send my new employment letter along with my RFE reply to make sure that I wouldn\'t get the 2nd RFE for employment verification. However, he believed that the chance to get the 2nd RFE is little and I probably should just do what the RFE said and not to make my case more complicated. He also said that merely changing the lawyer shouldn\'t make the officer think that the applicant might have changed his job. (I was a little worried about that and that\'s why I talked my previous lawyer to continue to represent me. Only when she said she had to inform the INS about my job change, did I decide to switch to my current lawyer.) He\'s right!

Since the INS might continue to send my approval notice to my previous lawyer although I have filled out the G-28 form, I would check both lawyers for the notice in a couple of days.

Hope this helps.

Nervous