Approved LC with wrong occupation code (SOC)

AllVNeedGCPC

Registered Users (C)
Hello All:

I recieved my approved LC from Philly BEC this month but with wrong occupation code and occupation name on it.

Priority date: July, 2003
45 Day letter received: January 2006

I am a computer software engineer, and my title at my company is "Modeling Engineer". Looks like all information on my ETA750 A and B was correct, but BEC entered my occupation code (SOC) in the LC approval as "Mechanical Engineer 17-2141". SOC for any computer related work should be 15-xxxx.

Please, does anybody know how to get this fixed?

I know that we have to enter same occupation code, along with LC approval copy, in I-140 form. If we use this occupation code then it will not match my qualifications and job description in I-140.

My lawyer says that it can not be fixed now and it will not harm at all in I-140 and 485 stages.

Please, help. Thanks.

My 45 day letter also had the incorrect occupation code. I'm a manufacturing engineer but the letter says a different engineer ( I can't recall the exact title). My lawyer wrote them several letters in an effort to correct it but we got no response. We're just hoping that they have corrected it. Did you have the correct title on your 45 day letter? What was the reason why your lawyer said that it won't affect 140 and 485? Thanks and good luck.

My 45 day letter had no code in it and "Occupation:" part was left blank. Apparently, BEC decided this occupation code in the later stages.

My lawyer says that as per their experience, DOL has never changed any approved ETA, so we should go ahead with current ETA.

But, looking at I-140 form "Part 6", it looks like we do have to fill in the exact occupation code that is there on approved ETA.

I am just hoping that someone in this forum (or may be moderator) who went through and solved this problem, will help us out.

Good luck and thanks for the reply

Thanks. Please keep me posted on your application as I might end up with the same predicament. I will check this thread once in a while. Please do the same.

Thanks and good luck.

Got amended ETA this week

I got my amended/re-certified ETA this week with correct occupation code. It took almost a year to get fixed.

Thanks,