Approved, Jan9, 2002!!!

NSCJAN0902

Registered Users (C)
Still can not believe but my case got approved on 2/11/04. Online message changed today for me and my wife. What a great relief. Thanks for this great site for information and support during this long journey. I'm also very grateful to the local congressman office who helped me to expedite my case and get approval.

Here are my case details:

RD 1/07/02
ND 1/09/02
FP1 5/17/02
RFE rcvd by INS 9/23/03
FP2 10/09/03
AD 2/11/03

Originally posted by NSCJAN0902
Thanks for this great site for information and support during this long journey.
You had a very short journey compared to many on this board.
Congrats anyways.

I'm also very grateful to the local congressman office who helped me to expedite my case and get approval.
Could you please elaborate on how the local congressman helped in expediting the case? I've invoked the local congressman's help also, but somehow the BCIS keeps fobbing them off with information about official processing dates. Its another matter that now in my case, the official dates have also crossed my receipt date.

It would be very instructive to learn what the congressman's office did to expedite your case, particularly since your RD was also not within the official processing time.

Thanks much.

congradulatio, NSCJAN0902

May I know which local congressman you had been in contact with if no trouble.

thanks,

congrats again.

yzy, norfesept01,

I contacted Thaddeus G. McCotter's (MI) office over two months ago and they contacted INS on my behalf, where they have been told that my case is still in FBI for "name check". Then they contacted FBI and FBI forwarded results of name check to INS. After that they again contacted INS and asked to transfer my case to an officer. When I talked to congressman office last time they told me that I will get an approval in about two weeks. So I got my approval yesterday, which is even little bit less than two weeks.

NSCJAN0902

NSCJAN0902

Congratulation on your approval...

How did you contact your congressman? By phone/email or fax.
Is there any specific way to request? Could you please share this info, it will be a great help. I am also thinking to contact senator/congressman. Is there any specific letter format you have..

Thanks a lot

gcwaiting4long
RD-02/2002
ND-03/2002
1st FP-06/2002
2nd FP-12/2003
No RFE/No Approval yet.

gcwaiting4long,

I called my local congressman office and asked for help. They sent "personal information release" form, which I filled and submitted to them. After that they started contacting INS and FBI on my behalf. It took little bit more than two months from the date I contacted congressman office until the date I got my approval.

My advise to you is to call them directly. They should be able to tell you what are the next steps.

Hope this info helps you and you will get speedy approval.

NSCJAN0902

thanks, NSCJAN0902

thanks, NSCJAN0902. enjoy your freedom.

yzy, norfesept01,

I contacted Thaddeus G. McCotter's (MI) office over two months ago and they contacted INS on my behalf, where they have been told that my case is still in FBI for "name check". Then they contacted FBI and FBI forwarded results of name check to INS. After that they again contacted INS and asked to transfer my case to an officer. When I talked to congressman office last time they told me that I will get an approval in about two weeks. So I got my approval yesterday, which is even little bit less than two weeks.

NSCJAN0902