Approved: Intent to deny case

jjsni

Registered Users (C)
Call today and was told our case are approved. Details as follows,
Received intent to deny notice on Sept 14 about my status.
Response sent on Sept 18 (response + 2 $1000 checks for I 485A in case they don\'t satisfy my response. I don\'t believe I was out of status but include checks anyway just to avoid further delay)
AVM updated and says they received my response on Oct 19.
Checks cashed on Oct 24
Never receive any receipt to tell me they received my response and checks.
Call today and an IIO told our case approved on Oct 29.
AVM still says they received my response on Oct 19.

I feel that INS doing things is much faster than 1 yr ago, even though they still have a lot more to improve.

Thanks for this very informative site and everyone\'s effort to keep up this site.

Explanation please

please share your RFE details. why did you feel that you are out of status and sent cheques to INS. Please share

Congrats....if u were never out of status how come they took your money?

Anyways...2000 $ is worth the peace of mind.
Enjoy now

My ND is about Sept, 00

When I sent my I 485, I only included latest I-94 (H-1b). In the response, I included I-20, a couples of I-94s (mine and my wife\'s H-1b). I couldn\'t approve my full time student status due to the missing documents, but I did provide my school years transcripts showing I am fulltime student. Deny notice didn\'t say at which stage I was out of status may be just simply I didn\'t provide enough info. When I response, I I provide everything except one missing doc and also I-485A with $1000 check. In the letter to INS I stated that if they still don\'t satisfy my explanation, use I-485A as a backup. They took the check and never worried about my response I guess.

JJSNI - Can you reply?

What is 485A?. Can we apply any time while 485 in process. I came to US on F1. With draw from a course during 1st semester. As per my International student adviser I am out of status and asked me to apply for reinstatement. After that I left the country and came back, also changed to H1 and went out of country to get h1b stamped. Applied 485 in Dec - 2000. still waiting for approval. Do you think I can send this 485A for me now?.

RDDEC2000

you should send 485 A only if objection raised by INS. Otherwise you are fine.