Approved, I140 for CP, ND Nov. 2000

runner400

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

After waiting for a long time and lots of pain my case was finally approved. In the same day the cases for my wife and my son were approved too. I\'ll try to give you all the details.

RD: Nov. 2000
ND: Nov. 2000
FP: March 2001
AD: May 29, 2002
Never Received RFE

Like many of you my I140 was sent to US consulate just because my lawyer suggested that I indicate a US consulate in my I140 just in case I decided to apply for CP. I never intend to go through CP. At the time we filed I140 neither me nor my lawyer knew that the I140 is going to be sent to the US consulate in Ankara . I applied for AOS. Anytime I contact NSC they told me you have to wait. They did not give me any useful information on why the case has not being processed and when it is going to be assigned to an officer. Both me and my lawyer contacted US embassy in Ankara (phone and email). They told us that the I140 is there and they are not going to send it back unless NSC asks for it.

On March 2002 I contacted 2 senator offices. One of them was useless. The other one contacted NSC but could not get any more info than what I had (close to zero). Also, Submitted the request through AILA . I was very frustrated and didn’t know what else to do. Especially when you see cases field 7 months after you are being approved left and right.

The senator office was very helpful. They followed up on my case without me asking them and updated me every month. After 2 months (Early May) both senator office and AILA informed me that my case was assigned to an officer. I called NSC to verify. IIO confirmed that my case is with an officer and I140 is connected to I485. I did not understand what he means by connecting I140 to I485.

I called NSC last Saturday and heard the magic word. My lawyer called me on Monday and said that she received the approval notice. The senator office called me the same day to give me the good news too. Now I’m happy that we can go home and visit our family and friends after 8 years.

During my several calls to NSC, the IIO’s never mentioned that the I140 file is needed to approve I485 (I asked them many times). I still don’t know if my I140 file was returned to NSC or it is still in US consulate. I don’t know whether the calls and follow up from the senator office helped to speed up the process or not. My lawyer believes that the push from senator office was useful to speed up the process.

I know that for those of you who are still waiting it is very frustrating and painful. I had the same feeling till only a few days ago. But your time will come soon and you will be happy and free. I tried to give you all the details but if you have any questions let me know.

I have a questions myself. My son does not have a separate passport. He is a dependent in my wife’s passport. When we go to the local INS office to stamp our passports should we ask for two stamps in her passport? In general, is there any particular thing we need to do regarding my son?

Thanks, and good luck to all of you.

My experience was very very similar

My RD 09/12/00. My I-140 was sent to chennai, India just because
we picked consular processing in I-140. I also went through
senators to finally fix things. Senator\'s office sent me a mail
in the first week of may that case is assigned to an office
and the case got approved on May 14th. What a relief..