Hello all,

It is my turn to say approved! Here are the details:

RD: Oct 01
ND: Nov 01
FP: June 02
RFE: April 03
RFE resp. recd by BCIS: May 1st 03
AD: May 27th 03

I am from Pakistan. My attorney got the approval notices on Friday, BCIS web site is still not updated. AVM is updated though.

:D

Congratulations gcdayday!

It is very good to know that another SR applicant is approved. I have same RD and ND as yours and I am from Pakistan as well. Hoping same kind of news from BCIS about my case :)

Which state are you currently located?

Enjoy the approval...

congratulations!

here's hearty congratulations from another pakie... enjoy your freedom, and best of luck to the rest of us.

Another approval... not mine though

A friend of mine got approved on May 19th. His RD was Nov. 06, 2001. He is from Pakistan. Just wanted to share this approval with you guys.

I hope that BCIS is picking up on cases from SR countries. By the way today is the first official working day for National Call Center. We, now, cannot call NSC directly. Is it a blessing or a curse.... we will know it in near future :)

Congratulation

Congratulation on your success towards achieving your green card, GOD bless you and your family.:) :) :) :)

Hi gcdayday, CONGRATS......
What was your RFE about? Did you have to prove that you went for special registration?

Thanks.

kjkool: The RFE was about birth affidavits and Employment letter. I did send them SR evidence though.

Congrats

Unless anybody send the SR proof willingly, I think all of the folks of those countries will get the RFE regarding SR. I observed they are issuing RFE to show the proof of SR for any pending application like EAD, AP, even H1B.

Therefore, whenever you get a chance to reply for any RFE, also send the proof that you have complied with SR. It will save you another RFE. I had AP pending and got two RFE 15 days apart. Last one was about SR.

Just want to make sure that not all the non-immigrant from those SR listed countris are subject to register. Lot of folks like payrole, folks entered to US after certain date dont need to register. However, BCIS dont really try to find out whether you are required to register or not. They are issuing RFE for all as far as I know.

If you were not required to register, just explain why you are not.

BCIS said good bye to SR and planning to implement another system like this which is being constructively criticized on the aspect of cost-benifit analysis? SR was a very good one, why they stopped, why another process????

I am not a lawyer, never quote me on my question, comments, idea and information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Congrats

Originally posted by Sahin
Unless anybody send the SR proof willingly, I think all of the folks of those countries will get the RFE regarding SR. I observed they are issuing RFE to show the proof of SR for any pending application like EAD, AP, even H1B.

Therefore, whenever you get a chance to reply for any RFE, also send the proof that you have complied with SR. It will save you another RFE. I had AP pending and got two RFE 15 days apart. Last one was about SR.

Just want to make sure that not all the non-immigrant from those SR listed countris are subject to register. Lot of folks like payrole, folks entered to US after certain date dont need to register. However, BCIS dont really try to find out whether you are required to register or not. They are issuing RFE for all as far as I know.

If you were not required to register, just explain why you are not.

BCIS said good bye to SR and planning to implement another system like this which is being constructively criticized on the aspect of cost-benifit analysis? SR was a very good one, why they stopped, why another process????

I am not a lawyer, never quote me on my question, comments, idea and information.

You are not a lawyer but let me tell you this "The information/guideline you have described here are very helpful".

I have dual citizenship of Pakistan and Canada. My last entry to the US was on 10/06/02. Though I was not registered at the border upon my last entry but I received RFE on both 485 and EAD applications regarding NSEERS registration. They requested for a copy of the arrival-departure record (I-94) that indicates NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number) because their record shows that I am subject to registration in the NSEERS.

My attorney spoke with local supervisor of the NSEERS program regarding these RFEs. They told my attorney that he is not subject for the registration because first he did not enter by 09/30/02 second he was not registered at the border upon his last entry but they did not provide any written explanation to my attorney.

Anyway, in response to RFE my attorney sent a letter to cover all these detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration. BCIS has received RFE response 5 weeks ago but my applications are still pending. This makes me worry … I worry whether this explanation will be enough to satisfy them to approve my case?

Do you know anyone whose was in the same situation and his application was approved after RFE response?

Hi regarding Special Registration I had a question.

I am a citizen of Iran, female and entered in 1999.

In Nov of 2002 I had asked an INS officer if I needed to register and he had said no but I should constantly check and see if requirements change.

I have no clue if it is required of me right now.

Please let me know if I should be registeriing.

Thanks

NYB,

Women were not required to register under NSEERs, although Iranian men were along with men from 19 other predominantly Islamic nations. Therefore you are ok.

rgds,
sadiq

lamba: NO worry: I am on the same boat

I am on the same boat. DO NOT WORRY AT ALL.

I am from Bangladesh. My country male nationals was subject to register if they entered this country before certain dates (Sept. 2002) along with the fullfilment of other criteria. My last port of entry was Jan 27, 2003 before I went for registration.

I went for interview. I spoke with Immigration officer for several minutes. He even took my oath, FP. he reviewed all of my paper. Finally, He asked me when was my last entry to US. Knowing the date, he refused to register me, and send me back without any registration and FIN on my I-94. I even bugged officer to register me. He even told me " Hay why you kept bugging me, I can not register you by federal law. You are not required." He asked me to review the SR again.

I wrote a letter to both my Local INS and Service center (NSC) explaining my experience about the whole interview with the officer.

After that I got RFE on my pending AP, my lawyer sent INS copy of the same letter. My AP got approved.

So, dont worry. The law is very clear. Who should register sho should not.