Approved- Finally out of the Trap.

HateToWait

Registered Users (C)
IIO Alberta left me a message this morning and informed me that our case has been approved yesterday (3/13). Details as followings,

EB2 China.
PD 12/97
RD 8/12/99
ND 9/2/99
FP 8/10/00
RFE 12/18/00
RFE Rpld/Rcd 12/29/00

1/26/01 found case has been pulled out due to mistake.
1/29/01 son\'s case has been approved.

2/8/01 case has been pulled back from on-hold.
2/14/01 case has been assigned to an examiner.
3/1/01 Contacted local senator\'s office.
3/12/01 got senator office\'s response, INS will expedite the case.
3/13/01 Aproved!!

My experience?

1. You got to track your case very closely and make sure that nothing goes wrong. INS can make all kinds of mistakes and never admit them in your favor. For us, although they realized mistakes happened, it still took them more than 6 weeks to fix it.
2. Local congressmen and senators\' offices are good resourse to ask for help.

BTW, IIO Alberta is a very nice person to talk to. Try to ask for her if you can not find a reasonable person to talk to at INS. She has been very helpful in a sense to keep track on my case and definitely deserves my complimentary.

Well, while with a BIG relieve and waiting for the notice coming in, I would like to extend my personal appreciations to this web site and all theh nice people to share your information together. THe only wish I have now is to find a way to beat INS and make them accountable in the future. Lawful immigrants should not be treated like this agonizing way.

Any question is welcome and I will do my best to make my contribution to this wonderful site.

Good Luck, everyone!

No Title

Hi HateToWait, Congrats! Can you tell how did you contact the senator\'s office ie., by visiting in person, by mail, by email or by telephone. Also, what documnets did you submit the office.

No Title

I think the best way is to call them on phone and talk through. If they want to get involved, they will ask for the document they need.

In my case, I called them and sent them a fax and documented all the events I had with INS.

No Title

Congratulations! I was wondering how you can know the documents they want. What\'s your RFE about? I have almost same dates (ND/RD/PD/FP)as you. I haven\'t heard anything from them. IIO told me they are retriving my A-file from Washington DC, so I have to wait. This happened since Dec.8, 00. Could you tell me which fax number you used to send your documents?

I think I need to send them all my documents even I already sent with I-485. I don\'t understand why they still need to retrive my file. I had enclosed everything with my application. Very frustrating!
Thanks

No Title

The RFE is simply for employment letter.

As to the document I sent to Senator\'s office, it includes the notice of the I-485 receipt, approval notice of my son\'s case and a description of my case. Senator office can trace out your case according to your EAC #. Of course you need to find your way to pursue your case.

As to senators\' number, go to www.senate.gov find the ones in your state/district. there is contact information as well. I would not recommend to use email. call them is the best way to get someone\'s attention.

No Title

Some time between 12/29/00 and 1/26/01 INS put a wrong PD for my case as 10/98 against EB3 China. They then decided that the PD is not current yet and pulled our case out of the queue. Ironically, my son\'s case got approved on 1/29/01 independently.