Approved but no Card???

ddf007

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

My 485 is from the WAC-02-034-XXXXX series ( CA center, EB3 category ). I was fortunate to get my approval in Mid April, 03.

I was patiently waiting for my 485 till lastweek... when I decided to call up the NSC for BCIS. I used the new 800 number for this purpose, and received a comparatively hospitable reply from the CSR.

What she told me was that -
"there is a huge backlog for issuance of Plactic Cards... I should not worry as I have already the ONE-YEAR stamp on my passport. It will take one year for me to get the plastic card... blah.. blah.."

I did not ask further questions .. like what to do i I dont get the card after one year ... OR what to do if I decide to change my address before I get my card.. etc.. etc.

Kindly post your thoughts on the above issue... if you have similar experiences ... what is the time it takes nowadays for getting a plastic card...should I do a "proactive" follow-up?.. Will doing a follow-up ( i.e. calling up the 800 number every ~15 days) help at all?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
- ddf

Stamp on the passport is as good as plastic card. You will eventually get plastic cards. You are unnecessary making a big fuss out of it.

I agree, a friend of mine got his cards 1 year 2 months later. Not a big deal, ur a permanent resident from the approval date onwards.