Approved, but no BIO????

ign82

Registered Users (C)
:mad: I was approved on Nov. 29, 2005 without BIO . I receivd a approval letter few days later, with instructions to wait 90 days for bio letter. Anyway 90 days have passed and I have not received the approval letter yet. I scheduled an app. through InfoPass, went to the local office,and the offecer yielled at me that I should wait, and I don't have to go for biometrics, because ? :confused: NSC would use my employement autorization card picture and fingerprint :confused: ? Meanwhile she took my NP and stampted. Oh and by the way she pulled out every picture ever taken of me from some website, and said that nothing else is required and if I continue to call and ask about my case, my application can be denied or revoced :confused: When I called to NSC I was toldto write a letter and explain the situation. I have no idea what to do, does anyone ever had similar problem. I am very stressed out right now...

Why are you stressed out this much? you are approved after all. Do you have to leave the counytry anytime soon? in that case your NP is stamped so you can go abroad. What is your rush at this point? What will you do with the GC within the next 4 months that you need it so much? The most important part which is "approval" has been given to you. They said 90 days and you went a bit too stressed out right on the 90th day. Give it a week or two more. And why did the IO yell at you? Unless you spoke in an accusatory tone, he should not have. And the threatening with "you case wil be denied if you call too much" is bullshit of course, but I see that at that point he/she was already agitated by you. Even when you are right, you really need to be political and calm in your tone and try to put across your point without making the other person be on the defensive side; it is "human politics" so to speak. Good luck and be a bit more patient; you are so very close. And I am sure if you make a search on this forum with appropriate keywords you may come across other posters who are also still waiting for BIO after approval. Do write letters and make phone calls, whatever is necessary .

With all due respect Clotty I don't owe you explanation why I need the green card so much, but just to be clear I think I've waited long enough and every single day is torture until I get the plastic card in my hands. Anything prior this moment can go wrong. And by the way my tone wasn't accusatory it was as Polite and Soft as possible! I went to the local office for help, not to get bashed for asking a simple question regarding my case.

I just got off the phone with NSC rep. She was helpful, checked if I have bio notice send to me and said that the reason I don't have one is because there is no available app. at this time. I am in FL. by the way.

ign82 said:
With all due respect Clotty I don't owe you explanation why I need the green card so much, but just to be clear I think I've waited long enough and every single day is torture until I get the plastic card in my hands. Anything prior this moment can go wrong. And by the way my tone wasn't accusatory it was as Polite and Soft as possible! I went to the local office for help, not to get bashed for asking a simple question regarding my case.
Relax. Who said you owed me anything? You made a public thread asking for comments and help ; and to understand your situation better I had to ask why it was so urgent for you after being approved ,as for all I know maybe there was a situation that called for such urgency because bopttom line is you ARE approved, and I was trying to make you feel less stressed out about it, but whatever....

ign82
For heaven's sake! Do not mess with the Infopass! Unless you enjoy being yelled at and humiliated - it reminded me my own experience when a dog of man was barking at me when I asked what happened to my EAD, which was probably sent to the wrong address, even though I filed the change of address in a timely manner. Write a letter to NSC and enclose a copy of the letter from them, which you mentioned. I totally agree that the wait many of us had to go through is excruciating. Write the letter and the rest should be easy. ;) What's you timeline, BTW?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your advice came a little late, but thank you. I never expected them to be so rude. I WAS planning on writting a letter, but the lady scare the ...out of me, when she said "what do you want your case to be denide or revoked, if no, wait until your time comes". I understand its not easy to denie or revoke a case, but still her saying that scared me. I don't may be I will be just give it a little more time and see what happens.

Yes I made public thread for advice and comments not to be attacked and questioned, but I guess I took your response in a wrong way. However, excuse me if I was a little off in my response to you. I understand you are just trying to help.Thank you.

ign82 said:
Yes I made public thread for advice and comments not to be attacked and questioned, but I guess I took your response in a wrong way. However, excuse me if I was a little off in my response to you. I understand you are just trying to help.Thank you.
I don't know you; why would I attack you? When you write something, be prepared to receive questions. Like I said the bottom line is you ARE approved, and since your first post had such "stress" written all over it that I wanted to make you feel a bit more relaxed about it by reminding you that you ARE approved which is THE BEST part (and you have the stamp on your NP so even better if in case you were planning to travel soon) and by asking you if there was any reason why you feel that kind of urgency to have the plastic in your hands while you knew the fact that you were already approved. That is a valid question, a question only asked to know your worry a bit better. Instead of saying "I do not owe you an explanation", you could have replied in a less defensive tone. Anyway, good luck to you in your wait but I hope you can just take it easy on yourself and feel at least a bit calm knowing you are approved and rest in the knowledge that regardless of whether the BIO request comes tomorrow or next month, you ARE a PR already and that IS a wonderful thing. Good luck.

ign82 said:
:mad: I was approved on Nov. 29, 2005 without BIO . I receivd a approval letter few days later, with instructions to wait 90 days for bio letter. Anyway 90 days have passed and I have not received the approval letter yet. I scheduled an app. through InfoPass, went to the local office,and the offecer yielled at me that I should wait, and I don't have to go for biometrics, because ? :confused: NSC would use my employement autorization card picture and fingerprint :confused: ? Meanwhile she took my NP and stampted. Oh and by the way she pulled out every picture ever taken of me from some website, and said that nothing else is required and if I continue to call and ask about my case, my application can be denied or revoced :confused: When I called to NSC I was toldto write a letter and explain the situation. I have no idea what to do, does anyone ever had similar problem. I am very stressed out right now...

The IO you saw at the local office was obviously a stupid b....ch.
Don't panic, you are approved, you are fine. My case was similar, see my timeline. Call USCIS center where your case is pending (NSC?) and inquire. Last time I called them to update my address I couldn't believe how the service has improved. I spoke to a real person within 10 minutes and they were nice and professional. Give it a try. You can also write to them.
Good luck.

OK, I just read you already called them. Good for you.

When I called, they said I should just wait, because there was no available app. at this time. I don't how could that be, is it possible to run out on appointments? It's crazy, I just hope not to mess up my case. Thank for the advice. Is your card backdated?

ign82 said:
When I called, they said I should just wait, because there was no available app. at this time. I don't how could that be, is it possible to run out on appointments? It's crazy, I just hope not to mess up my case. Thank for the advice. Is your card backdated?

Yes, it is backdated.
As for the appointments, I guess it depends on where you live. It could also just be USCIS mess. Don't worry, you are fine, you have an approval letter, right?