approved, but how it works?

izmailovo

Registered Users (C)
Exactly 2 yr after RD (03/29/02) online msg
says approved for me and my wife.
I got RFE about employment (no RFE for wife)
2 weeks before approval. Mine was AC21 case
and I had no lawyer, did everything by myself
(EB2).

They sent the approval notices to my old address although I changed it at least twice. Recently I and my wife got lots of bullshit AR11 notices. We have not replied as we changed the address some 8 mo ago.

Question to you guys: what does it usually say on the approved notice? Come and get you stamp at any time at any local center? CAN we just go and get the stamp WITHOUT having these notices in hand but showing our A#, etc?

Good luck to you all

Please share

What did you send to USIS to support your AC21 case.
Could you please share the information.

about AC21: My employer wrote a letter starting
with telling about the University I am working
in, my salary, duties, field. I had to ask them to say "permanent" position in the letter, and this created some hesitation on their part on how to word it as no position is permanent. Usually if you say that you get pension benefits it could be enough. In my case they use expression "it represents significant long-term commitment" instead of permanent. I've heard that if your employer say that it is "permanent until your GC is approved" this is fine

You have to have the notice letter to get the stamp. The letter will show you where you need to go, usually it is the local office. You can go there any time.

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the freedom.

I do have a question .... did u get approved 2 weeks after the RFE was issued or was it 2 weeks after the response was received by them?

Thanks !!

I got approved 1 week after RFE responce. My wife a day later. Many people on rupnet got approved 1-2 weeks after RFE responce msg

ANOTHER QUESTION TO EVERYBODY:
WHAT if they ask you to come to my OLD local center for a stamp which is in WI, I am now in CA? CAN I still come to the local office here and ask for a stamp?

My case was approved 2 days before I left Illinois .
I did not receive my approval notice. But my attorny sent the original to my new address in New Jercy. I went to local office in new jercy (with approval notice and other doc.) and got passport stamped. No questions asked. Except hv to wait in the queue for 4 hours.

Here are my details

RD 01/18/2002

2nd FP 11/08/2003
Employment RFE 10/23/2003
responded to RFE 11/04/2003
AD 3/16/04

Filed AR11 from New Jercy before passport stamping
passport stamped in NJ on 30th March

Hope this helps.
Good Luck .
-shri45

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about moving, and afraid of the address issue. Just wonder, if they send it to your old addr, how did you get it? Did post office forward to your new addr? how long ago did you move, in another words, the how long can the mail transfer last? Thanks!

Despite my utmost fears in the beginning,
the post office bounced INS letters AP, EAD back to Nebraska, but Nebraska forwarded it to my new address here by attaching a new label with the correct address, which they got from the postoffice).

What surprised me is that despite my many attempts to "notify" INS in Nrebraska about my new address, they seemed to ignore it.

Clearly their Department should be renamed:
US Dept of Homeland Insecurity.