Approved atlast....

pachai_attai

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering when can I write this line "My case has been approved..." and today is the day. Last saturday went to the local centre to take picture and finger prints for EAD applied on-line. Even saturday the status was un-approved. But this morning by habit opened the site and put my # and bham..."Your case has been approved!" Yet to contact my wife who is at work, to tell the news...

Thanks for this site and all the guys who passionately helped each other by entering all the info.

-pachai_attai (green_card in tamil)
EAC-02-135-5****
RD 2/22/02
ND 3/19/02
2 FPs
2 EADs (3rd on-line applied last week)

Now story time....

Came to US in May 1999, did not want to process GC thro' the company. Changed mind and started RIR Dec 2000 (company was going slow on the application from Aug 2000), got the Labour cleared in Feb 2001(again 6 months go slow on I-140 by the company) I-140 cleared in Sep-oct 2001. Filed I-485 in December, got the R/D in Feb 2002 and N/D in Mar 2002. Then the wait started, saw June,July,August 2001 applications getting approved in masses, started counting my days. Days turned into months, changed job under AC21, using 1st EAD. Then applied and got 2nd EAD (1 year already gone?!), called for 2nd FP (10/14/03). Saw VSC updated and kept the dates in Jan 2002, lost hope and applied for 3rd EAD on a saturday (01/03/04) but found that the site has not been updated with approval even on Friday night (01/09/04) and visited Hackensack,NJ centre for Photo,FP and signature (01/10/04) . Today by second nature the INS on-line came before my eyes and there I saw the news that they approved on 1/9/04. Felt no pleasure or pain, just saw that and said atlast .... Took a 10 mts break (house is just 2 miles from office), stopped at the office of my wife, told the news (now she is in 7th heaven), picked up my original I-485 receipts, cross verified the results and really they are approved. :D

I will update the rest of the story (stamping,plastic card etc) as it happens.... All the best for you guys who are waiting and my sincere appreciation for those who fight for the just cause...

Nandri, Anaivarukkum Pongal Nalvazhthukkal...

-pa (updated rupnet -username rajag under Feb 2002)

Last edited by a moderator: