Approved at long last..

legalInDC

Registered Users (C)
All,

I am a citizen of Mauritius by birth.

I started the Green card process thru my work in 2006. My labor was approved within a week making my priority date 11/27/2006.

The next year, the second step (where they check the viability of your employer) was approved and we applied for I 485 in September of 2007. I was fingerprinted in October of 2007

Then there was the "fiasco"...and I had to wait 6 long years for my priority date to become cuurent. Last month (nov 2012), the bulletin said that I was going to be current in December of 2012..I am glad to announce that I got a text message to check my status yesterday 12/3/2012. It said "Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production", (although then it got switched to Decision). The description basically says that they had sent me a notice to say that I have been registered as a Permanent Resident. Of course, words cannot express my relief and happiness, but mostly relief.

I wish all those who have been waiting a long time good luck. The wait is worth it. Especially if you got it in exchange of your work skills. No one deserves a GC as much as you. It is the most noble way to get a green card and it is hard for anyone to take that away from you (unless you screw up..which I am sure you won't :) )

6 years? That is nothing before me.

What you are seeing in my signature is my second employment based Greencard process related cases. Before that I had another Greencard process which is started in 2002 thru another employer.

My daughters Greencard petitions are still struggling to get I-485s to be approved. I am almost day and night on the information of I-485s and I-130s since last more than 30 days.

This morning, I have spent 2 hours on the phone with Customer Support.

Congrats.

All,

I am a citizen of Mauritius by birth.

I started the Green card process thru my work in 2006. My labor was approved within a week making my priority date 11/27/2006.

The next year, the second step (where they check the viability of your employer) was approved and we applied for I 485 in September of 2007. I was fingerprinted in October of 2007

Then there was the "fiasco"...and I had to wait 6 long years for my priority date to become cuurent. Last month (nov 2012), the bulletin said that I was going to be current in December of 2012..I am glad to announce that I got a text message to check my status yesterday 12/3/2012. It said "Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production", (although then it got switched to Decision). The description basically says that they had sent me a notice to say that I have been registered as a Permanent Resident. Of course, words cannot express my relief and happiness, but mostly relief.

I wish all those who have been waiting a long time good luck. The wait is worth it. Especially if you got it in exchange of your work skills. No one deserves a GC as much as you. It is the most noble way to get a green card and it is hard for anyone to take that away from you (unless you screw up..which I am sure you won't :) )

6 years? That is nothing before me.

Congrats.
Thanks.

I am sorry to hear this and I wish you luck from the bottom of my heart. One thing that kept me going are the poor souls that had it worse than I did. Remember, whatever your situation is, someone, somewhere has it worse than you do.

Once you get it..you're home free.