Approved and Stamped ND 11/22/00

police

Registered Users (C)
PD 6/99
Labor RIR EB2 approved- Sept/Oct 99
I140- approved 10/00
I485-Approved -9/25/2001
Country India
Approved for both spouse and me. My Lawyer called the IIO on 9/25/2001 and told me that it was approved the same day. The voice message was not updated till Oct 1st. Received the courtesy copy on 9/29/2001 was mailed by INS on 09/27/2001 and my lawyer received the original on the same day.

Went to Arlington INS on Oct 3 6.00 am there were already 55 people in front us and by 7.30am there were another 50 behind us. Waited till 7.30am to get in(the waiting is outside so make sure you cover up yourself well incase of bad weather). I believe they allow 150 people or until 9.30am which ever comes first. The parking is right behind the building $4 all day.

We took all the Documents from A-Z. but what they needed from us were:-

1. Original Approval Notice.
2. I-94.
3. Passport
4. EAD
5. Two ADIT style photos.

These papers were arranged by the officer who gave the waiting ticket. There were 6 counters and only 1 was open initially till 8.30 and then another opened. After 9.15am i beleive the rest of the staff comes at 9.00 so they opened all the counters and the processing was very fast. It took only 2-3 minutes for the stamping and finger printing and we were out by 10.00am. The passport was stamped for 1 year which is good for both work and travel and was told that it takes anywhere between 6 to 12 months to get the actual plastic card.

Hope this information is helpful to all of them waiting for approval.

Thanks
police.

Congratulations - a quick question

Did you or your attorney receive the original I-485 approval notice - or both.
Thanks.

Thanks Zambia.

Thanks. Attorney received the original and i received the courtesy copy. You need to take the original approval notice to the INS.

Police - appreciate your reply

I got my I-140 approved last month: 9/27 - attorney is still waiting for official notice to arrive from VSC before starting I-485.
Any idea which thread/site to go and get acquainted with the I-485 process. And how much am I dependent on the attorney or employer once my 485 is filed or does all the INS & FP correspondence come to my home address.

Thanks - and congratulations again.

Police - waiting for your advise

My corporate attorney has not been very upfront with me - consequently I am in an endless wait. Finally got my I-140 approved and trying to motivate my attorney to file I-485.

Just had a quick question: How much am I dependent on my attorney once my I-485 has been filed?

Thanks.

Zambia - Here is my advise.

I\'m sorry I just checked your message. To answer your first question-
This is a good thread(I485) and most importantly active thread in case you have any questions you can expect an answer right away most of the times. There is another site www.miindia.com where you can get the check list for I485. That list helped me.

As for your second question. I had my own attorney for me I did not use the company\'s attorney from day 1. So I never really had a problem with Attorney. EAD, Advance Parole originals will be mailed to you. While your attorney will get the FP notification and original 485 Approval(you will receive a courtesy copy). You need originals to either get the FP done or Passport stamped.

I hoped that this was informative.

thanks
police

Thank you Police: Appreciate your advise

Thanks - this gives me a good idea of my hopefully 1 more year of indentured servitude. It has been a very long wait - I joined the current employer in 1996. And this process has messed my career and life plans considerably.

Good luck - have a very productive life ahead.