Approved and passports stamped

Farooq

Registered Users (C)
I would like to share this info with you all.
Our (myself and wife's) I-485 has been approved and we got our passports stamped today at Detroit INS office.

Priority Date - August 16, 1999
Category : EB3 Country: INDIA
I485 - Receipt Date : 08/13/2001
Notice Date : 09/20/2001
FP Done on 02/26/2002
RFE sent on 10/18/2002

We didnt get our medicals done while filing our 485 as per attorney's advice. So we were expecting the RFE and we got our medicals done in August 2002 and we had them ready to reply whenever the RFE comes.
One suggestion to the guys whose wife is pregnant. My wife was in early days of her pregnancy when we went for medicals. We couldnt get MMR vaccination for my wife. I was worried that it would take another couple of years for her application to get approved. But when we talked to her gynaecologist, she told that she will get some tests done that would prove that my wife is immune to MMR. So it worked.

So we replied to the RFE on 10/29/2002 and it was recieved on 10/30/2002 and the status both online and AVM changed to RFE reply recieved.

In the meantime we moved to a different apartment on 10/25/2002 and my attorney also informed the change of address to INS in a very formal way.

Our 485 got approved on 11/07/2002 (online status, but AVM did not change though). We were so surprised that they approved it in a week after we replied for the RFE.

Attorney recieved the approval notices on 11/12/2002.
We did not recieve either the RFE notice or approval notice till now.

We took them today and got our passports stamped. We reached the INS office by 7.10 AM and we were out by 8.00AM. They took our EADs' and Advance Parole documents. We didnt have to stand in line outside the building.
I really appreciate the great service by Rajiv Khanna and also by Greaty-K on rupnet.com
I wish good luck to every one who is waiting for the approvals.

Thanks,
Farooq

Last edited by a moderator:
Farook ( i guess u from mjcet, hyd) ,

Mubarak Farook bhai. Double mubarak i.e for Eid.
Have fun!

Regards
gcman