Approved after Interview- San Antonio INS Local Office

Rajeev Jha

Registered Users (C)
RD/ND: Mar 2001
FP was received in August 2001.
The case was transferred to local INS office on November, 2001. I got the interview notice 4 weeks ago.
Interview date: Mar 18, 2002

I took a lawyer. Believe me it helps. The first thing the INS officer mentioned that he would not be able to approve my case today. He issued me an RFE and explained the reason of the transfer to the local INS office. My doctor (medical), had forgotten to check one of the boxes in the form which indicates whether I have all the immunizations or not. INS doesn\'t care if you have all of them or not, but the doctor needs to indicate eitherway.

After he issued the RFE to get my medical fixed. I quickly drove to the doctor and got it fixed. I came back to the INS office with my lawyer again. My case was approved the same day. Normally you have to mail the RFE response within 30 days to the INS officer. A good lawyer can help you get the case approved same day if you met the RFE requirements.

Good luck everybody. Hang in there.

No Title

My application was filed with CSC. Since I live in Texas and the files were transferred to the local INS office, which in my case was San Antonio, TX

Question for Rajeev

Did you get any RFE from CSC before the transfer to Local office? When was your case transferred?

Congrats for the approval.

Question for Rajeev

Rajeev, did you get RFE before getting the file transferred to Local office?