Approved after Intend to Deny!!!

bmw

Registered Users (C)
Finally I heard the magic words yesterday "This case has been approved on Oct 30th. An approval notice was mailed..."

My details:
EB3 India
PD 03/96
EAC99-194-XXXXX

I485:
RD 05/99
ND 06/99
FP 04/00

Intend to Deny: Proof of legal status prior to 1998
Sent by VSC on 09/28/00
Received by lawyer on 10/02/00
Responded on 10/11/00
Message updated on 10/23/00 as "Your response was received on 10/16/00. The processing of this case can take between 90 and 180 days. However, since preliminary processing has taken place prior to the request for information, this case will take 180 days."

Needless to say, I was disheartened by that message. But yesterday when I checked, I heard the good news.

All those who responded to "Intend to Deny" notice, hang in there and don\'t feel frustrated by the automated message. Your turn is just around the corner.

No Title

Congratulations!! Could you please elaborate on the "Proof of legal
status prior to 1998"?

Congratulations once again...and I am sure it\'s a great relief for you after waiting so loooong!

No Title

BMW,

Why did INS give you an intent to deny in the beginning??
Did you forget to include some information?? I was curious
if you don\'t mind sharing.

Anyway, I envy you!!! Congrats!!!

-LJ

No Title

Congrats BMW. Please let us know what document did you submit for prooving the status. Appreciate your posting.

No Title

I think the Intent to deny was generated b\'coz in my bio form it was mentioned that I have been in the US since 1994 but the only proof of legal entry that I had submitted along with my I-485 application was a copy of my most recent I-94 which showed that my last entry into the US was in 1998. And they didn\'t have any proof of legal entry prior to that.

So I photocopied all visa stamps from my passport sent it in the reply.

No Title

This is great news. My situation is the same as yours (as my earlier postings will certify in great detail! - so folks if you are interested, please look at those). My mesg changed on 10/25 that the response was received on 10/24. I am waiting with bated breath and hoping!

Essentially, they do not have a very good system of tracking when and how you have entered the country. I had to make photocopies of every passport page with a US stamp - I had originally submitted all the visa stamps and the latest I-94.

The moral of the story is - For someone who has changed status from F-1 to H-1 etc, if you are travelling out of the country a lot, make sure you submit a complete profile of your entry and exit dates, with photocopies of the passport pages with US immigration stamps.

Hope this helps...

KP