Approved After Four Years' of Long Wait!

Newhope2003

Registered Users (C)
I want to announce that my husband's and my I-485 were finally approved! I haven't checked the on-line status for a few weeks, but for some reason I did that tonight and saw the status for both of us changed to: "This case has been approved! On July 2, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. XXXXXXXXXXXX".

I am so excited. Now all the anxiety and frustration were finally over!

Here's my detail:
PD: 08/1999 (EB2 RIR)
RD: 06/2001
ND: 07/2001
1st FP: 12/2002
My 2nd FP: 02/2003 (1st FP was unreadable)
AD: 07/02/2003
No RFE

Hope the turn will come to all of you soon! Especially 2001 filers!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations

Congratulations to both of you.
Have fun for the funtastic weak end.

Newhope2003:

Congratulations!!!
I am happy to see your approval.
2001 filers: there is new hope, hang in there!

Congratulations! As a 01 filer, this is really good news.
I also have the same RD and ND as yours but my
FP was 5 months later than yours. Hope I will get
mine approve 5 months later! :) I'll keep my fingers
crossed...

NewHope2003

Congratulations. I know this pain would have been worst than birth-pangs :) What a way to celebrate a long-weekend! I am sure AlphaForceX can now hope for an earlier approval too. Good luck guys!!

Yippee-Ky-Yay! Nothing makes me happier than seeing a June 2001 approval!!! Some hope to the rest of us in that May-Sept. 01 void.

Congratulations and good luck!

Congratulations and happy independance day

Have a great long weekend. I hope BCIS approves all of 2001 cases in the month of JULY and gives us independance from TSC.

NO RFE!

It is good sign that you did not get RFE !
=> this means that even after your I485 was pending for 2 years TSC did not bother to check if you are still employed. !!

I generally thought that for all 2001 cases TSC will always intiate a RFE.

Re: NO RFE!

Originally posted by eb2_I485_RD0901
I generally thought that for all 2001 cases TSC will always intiate a RFE.

How did you get that impression? Some statistics show that about 5% get RFE. I don't recall the source.

After your 2nd FP did the online message changed? I am in the same situation that first FP was not readable and second FP was taken but no change in FP message online.

No change on the on-line status after I did my 2nd FP. It still said " Your case was received on July 5, 2001, it takes 999 days bluh bluh bluh" for a long time until it changed to "This case has been appproved..."

AVM is changed for the 2nd FP though. Also I called IIO and made sure that the main system they are looking at has been updated.

So don't worry.

Originally posted by Newhope2003
No change on the on-line status after I did my 2nd FP. It still said " Your case was received on July 5, 2001, it takes 999 days bluh bluh bluh" for a long time until it changed to "This case has been appproved..."

AVM is changed for the 2nd FP though. Also I called IIO and made sure that the main system they are looking at has been updated.

So don't worry.

Newhope2003,

Thank you for sharing this information. I was a bit worried about my online status not being updated with FP info, but it seems that doesn't affect the process. I did confirm they received it before the 214 number went dead.

Congratulations! Thanks for all the info. It gives hope to all the unfortunate 2001 filers, including me.

sg_rg2
ND 09/01, FP 01/03