approved after 33 months

wac02083-pndg

wac-02-083
jan 7, 2002

1st FP - may, 2002

Joined different company in April, 2003. AC-21.
Moved to Texas from CA

Notified BCIS myself about job change.

Case transferred to SFO on April, 2004
sent letter to them to transfer case to Texas

cases transfered to texas in july, 04.
case transfered to local office in aug.
2nd FP in aug.

interview in Oct.
approved during interview.

this forum has been a great help. thank you.

To 02083-PNDG

Congratulations :)

I am also in the same boat as you; however I stayed with the same company but got relocated from CA to TEXAS.

I am still waiting, My RD=March, 2002 and WAC-02-141!

Can you give me more details on your interview? Did you ask them why your case needed interview. I saw some case got approval without any RFE or interview!!! :confused:

Last time when my lawyer did the inquiry and they said my case is with an officer but that was ONE month ago. I hope I can hear from them soon whether it will be transfer to TEXAS or NOT :confused:

If my case get transfer, I think my case will take longgger than yours :( :mad:

More details for interview at San Antonio Office

Since I notified INS myself of job change, I though that it might have caused Case transfer. Anyways, I got my old lawyer from SFO, CA to help my case.

They were very helpful. As soon as my case got transferred to San Francisco, they sent letter to SFO to transfer my case to Texas. SFO within 2 months transferred our case and sent letter to lawyer. But for 3 weeks, we didn't hear anything from Texas about receiving our case. Again, our lawyer sent enquiry to Texas to acknowledge that they have received our case. Once our case reached San Antonio office, everything was very fast.

Since I had AC-21 and I wanted to play safe, I took lawyer recommended by lawyer in CA to interview. Important thing with lawyer was that everything was very relaxed. Our lawyer kept talking to officer about our general immigration issues, places to visit in San Antonio etc that we never felt tense.

Officer was really cool.

* I was called for interview. Whereas my wife's interview was half hour late.
* She went with me.
* Office asked if we were together. Lawyer said yes.
* She asked: "Is it employment based?" Lawyer said yes. She said that we can come together.
*First step was that we were finger printed.
*We were asked to take our passport, EADs, Driver license and social security card.
*She verified our names etc. She asked for birth certicate of our child who was born after we filed I-485. She enter her info in her records. She asked for the copy of our birth certificates.
*Main thing she did was to verify my employment authorization. She looked at all my EADs and also H1 approval. She wanted to make sure that I had employment authorization or green card while I worked. She also looked at my Advance parole's.
* She also looked at my status when I applied I-485.
*Mainly, that was it. Then, she asked that now I am with different employer and I have changed my job. I said yes. She asked "is it related to computers". I tried to explain my job function and then realize that this lady will not understand. I cut short my statement and said that yes, it is related to computers. While she was talking to me, my lawyer said that he can change his job in similar job function.
*That was it. She said that she was approving my case.

One more thing. She also looked at my medical and commented that doctor is not approved by CA. I said that doctor was approved. I was going to take out printout of approved doctors from INS website. I took it as I read that the same question was asked to another person in San Antonio office. Anyways, I didn't need to show her.

One should remember to take all Advance Paroles and all EAD cards.

I didn't ask them why my case was transferred. I just wanted her to approve my case. I wanted to get out of the interview.

TheWrongOne said:
Congratulations :)

I am also in the same boat as you; however I stayed with the same company but got relocated from CA to TEXAS.

I am still waiting, My RD=March, 2002 and WAC-02-141!

Can you give me more details on your interview? Did you ask them why your case needed interview. I saw some case got approval without any RFE or interview!!! :confused:

Last time when my lawyer did the inquiry and they said my case is with an officer but that was ONE month ago. I hope I can hear from them soon whether it will be transfer to TEXAS or NOT :confused:

If my case get transfer, I think my case will take longgger than yours :( :mad:

Thanks WAC02083 and Enjoy your GC

Thanks for the details and I am glad that it went very smoothly for you. I hope that I can hear from them soonnnnnnn :confused:

Congratulations & thanks for your detail mail.

wac02083-pndg said:
Since I notified INS myself of job change, I though that it might have caused Case transfer. Anyways, I got my old lawyer from SFO, CA to help my case.

They were very helpful. As soon as my case got transferred to San Francisco, they sent letter to SFO to transfer my case to Texas. SFO within 2 months transferred our case and sent letter to lawyer. But for 3 weeks, we didn't hear anything from Texas about receiving our case. Again, our lawyer sent enquiry to Texas to acknowledge that they have received our case. Once our case reached San Antonio office, everything was very fast.

Since I had AC-21 and I wanted to play safe, I took lawyer recommended by lawyer in CA to interview. Important thing with lawyer was that everything was very relaxed. Our lawyer kept talking to officer about our general immigration issues, places to visit in San Antonio etc that we never felt tense.

Officer was really cool.

* I was called for interview. Whereas my wife's interview was half hour late.
* She went with me.
* Office asked if we were together. Lawyer said yes.
* She asked: "Is it employment based?" Lawyer said yes. She said that we can come together.
*First step was that we were finger printed.
*We were asked to take our passport, EADs, Driver license and social security card.
*She verified our names etc. She asked for birth certicate of our child who was born after we filed I-485. She enter her info in her records. She asked for the copy of our birth certificates.
*Main thing she did was to verify my employment authorization. She looked at all my EADs and also H1 approval. She wanted to make sure that I had employment authorization or green card while I worked. She also looked at my Advance parole's.
* She also looked at my status when I applied I-485.
*Mainly, that was it. Then, she asked that now I am with different employer and I have changed my job. I said yes. She asked "is it related to computers". I tried to explain my job function and then realize that this lady will not understand. I cut short my statement and said that yes, it is related to computers. While she was talking to me, my lawyer said that he can change his job in similar job function.
*That was it. She said that she was approving my case.

One more thing. She also looked at my medical and commented that doctor is not approved by CA. I said that doctor was approved. I was going to take out printout of approved doctors from INS website. I took it as I read that the same question was asked to another person in San Antonio office. Anyways, I didn't need to show her.

One should remember to take all Advance Paroles and all EAD cards.

I didn't ask them why my case was transferred. I just wanted her to approve my case. I wanted to get out of the interview.

I had 2 more IDs. Yesterday, I could not post through those Ids. I had to create a new one.

Many people visit this forum and forget about it once they get green card. I have always felt that those who visit this forum should post when they receive approval.

Another reason for posting my case is to give hope to those who are waiting for around 3 years.

notxer said:
Congratulations

33 months waiting and only 1 post, what's up with that?