Approved!! A perfect New Year's gift

Seattler

Registered Users (C)
I received a e-mail notification that our I-485 were approved on 2/9/05 which was the Chinese New Year. We received RFEs on 12/23/04 for all four of us to resubmit our birth certificates.

The new BCs were submitted and received on 2/2/05 and our cases were approved on 2/9/05.

This site has been the source of my spiritual support for those years of waiting. I thank you all for your efforts and helps that made me informed and cared. To those who are still frustrated by the endless journey, your turn is coming to the end soon. I wish you luck and God will help us all.

Seattler
FP2:9/16/04 :
AD:2/9/05

Congratulations!

Congratulations and Happy New Year!

My understanding is that birth cerificate was not issued from the government for most people at birth. How did you answer this RFE? Thanks.

PAforGC

Seattler said:
I received a e-mail notification that our I-485 were approved on 2/9/05 which was the Chinese New Year. We received RFEs on 12/23/04 for all four of us to resubmit our birth certificates.

The new BCs were submitted and received on 2/2/05 and our cases were approved on 2/9/05.

This site has been the source of my spiritual support for those years of waiting. I thank you all for your efforts and helps that made me informed and cared. To those who are still frustrated by the endless journey, your turn is coming to the end soon. I wish you luck and God will help us all.

Seattler
FP2:9/16/04 :
AD:2/9/05

For PAforGC

Thanks all of you for your well wishes. I am really moved.

Here is the answer for PAforGC.

We submitted our birth certificates at the beginning of our applications. Both of my kids were born in Canada, however, the officer asked us to submit the "long form" where both parents were stated and the day of issue was also shown. Although we did submit the long forms before, we resubmit them again, ( it is so nice to have two copies when we applied the birth certificates for kids). The request for me and my wife were a very strange one, since P.R.C did not issue birth certificate, I must produce a notarized document in that my date of birth, the place of birth and parenting information must be provided. U.S. Immigration demanded that the old one was invalid, a newer version of such document generated after 1993 was required and a most recent photo was also need on the notary.

I hope that I answered your question, I really hope no one else will every receive such strange request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Thanks, Seattler. Yes, my question was answered. I had thought that maybe a notarized birth document was not good enough for USCIS.

XIE XIE and XIN NIAN KUAI LE!

PAforGC

Seattler said:
Thanks all of you for your well wishes. I am really moved.

Here is the answer for PAforGC.

We submitted our birth certificates at the beginning of our applications. Both of my kids were born in Canada, however, the officer asked us to submit the "long form" where both parents were stated and the day of issue was also shown. Although we did submit the long forms before, we resubmit them again, ( it is so nice to have two copies when we applied the birth certificates for kids). The request for me and my wife were a very strange one, since P.R.C did not issue birth certificate, I must produce a notarized document in that my date of birth, the place of birth and parenting information must be provided. U.S. Immigration demanded that the old one was invalid, a newer version of such document generated after 1993 was required and a most recent photo was also need on the notary.

I hope that I answered your question, I really hope no one else will every receive such strange request.

Your birthday RFE almost scared me to make my pants wet! Could you please explain "a newer version of such document generated after 1993 was required and a most recent photo was also need on the notary" again? By the way, did you come the united states before 1993?

The BC notarized document

Here is what on that RFE, I was asked to resubmit my Notarized BC document issued by Chinese authority after 1993. If needed, I should contact Chinese consulate in DC for assistance. When I contacted the Chinese notary agency (GongZhengChu) in Beijing, I was asked to produce my old notarized document in original form, to submit two recent photos and my current copy of personal passport.

I hope I answered your question. If you need further info, you may post your question again here.