Approvals Timeframe

dsatish

Registered Users (C)
Now that we started seeing jan'02 approvals, let's reassess the
time estimates. About 2 months back, we talked about, when the
Jan'02 approvals wil begin. That time i said that my guess is Jun'15. Now it turned out to be a correct estimate. Again 1 month back, we disussed the timeframe, and i said that Jan'02 will start
in the last week of June. I was the only guy(or one of the very few) who expected Jan'02 approvals to begin in June.
Looking at future, i think that we will see most of the December getting cleared in the next week. Please notice that only 10 people posted as not approved in the 'December waiting' thread.
Out of that one person (Dec13) already got approved(a few minutes after posting in the waiting thread, he posted his approval). So my guess is we will see full flurry of Jan'02 approvals after the next week (week starting on 6/22). My other guess is January approvals will take almost the same time as December (6 to 7 weeks). So i am definitely expecting Feb'02
approvals to start in first week of August.

Last edited by a moderator:
let's hope the trend continues... 5 weeks processing for a full month's cases is not bad...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're analysis is wrong - look at rupnet stats...

history has proven that BCIS is going very very slow at this point

U are wrong

There are tons of Nov. cases still pending. Dec. is barely touched.
Don't expect any Feb. approvals any time soon.

The analysis is not based on logic but fallacy. But nevertheless, even that is a logic indeed..and we all happily accept that.
The cases are fewer in the months ahead so either they will result in faster approvals or maybe, to pour some cold water, more RFE/interviews. We hope the former, offcourse. But I have agree, seeing 2002 finally is a much awaited psychological boost

Your analysis is extremely optimistic. This is helpful for the morale of the people who are waiting for Nov. and Dec. approvals. Wish your esitmate is an accurate one.
So far, the Dec case has a little more than 30% (approved+transfered), and this process itself has taken almost two months till now. This is easy to see if you run a random check on the BCIS online status check and do a statistics.

Probably, We need to wait more.

well...

personally, i do not know why BCIS even bother to post the date of RD processing each month before they clear ALL the previous month(s) RDs first.

Yeah, they may say that they are processing Dec'01 RD cases as of June 1st, but the truth is there are still probably more than 50% of november cases pending when they make such a claim.

is this a way to make themselves feel better that they are progressing?

I am a november 01 RD. it is June of 2003 now. they say they are now going to approve Jan'02 cases? WHAT?

Yes, there will be a very few cases of Jan'02 getting approved.

instead they should just say...

BCIS is now going to approve those very lucky few cases of Jan'02 cases. For those of you in the previous months still waiting, tough luck.

Anyway, I hope you are one of those very lucky fews that get approved when BCIS claims the new RD processing times.

For the rest of us, do not expect the approval until a couple months after they claim your RD month's processing time.

Yes, I am disappointed. I just want to share my frustration of being too hopeful when I saw that BCIS started processing my RD month. And you know what? 2 months later....i am still waiting with others.

SAD SAD SAD.....

Could you please look into the crystal ball and tell me when my case will be up :rolleyes:

RD:08/23/02
ND:09/05/02

Dardenkoa - I think you are right, it would be much more comforting if BCIS had even completed processing just all of November, and say first week of Dec; I have an RD of Mar 02, but I prefer a slow and steady approval pattern to a random one we are seeing.

Just because a few Jan approvals have been reported means nothing; RupNet clearly shows that only about 25% of Dec. has been completed.

I don't believe that number is misleading simply because the numbers look all right for other months, and I am sure nearly the same percentage of people will update the website.

One more thing to take into account. This is summer. Most people will be taking vacations now thereby further slowing down the process.

RD 12/26/01
ND 1/7/02
RFE 6/9/03