approvals sent to old address. What to do now?

ja94

Registered Users (C)
I moved on 8/1, and updated my address with USCIS on 7/29. Approval notices/card were sent out on 8/10.

Called up USCIS, and was told that both were sent to the old address. (Obviously, it takes 30 days for them to update address changes in their database).

All they tell me is to wait 45 days and call them again. Just wondering:
1) I vaguely remember that USCIS mails are NOT forwarded by the post office. Is it true?

2) If i don't receive the card after 45 days, and i call them up. What will they do? What do I need to do after like 45 days?

(Obviously, it takes 30 days for them to update address changes in their database).
Not true. who said it takes 30 days? It gets reflected into their system immediately. I chagned my address on 07/28 and it was updated in their system right away.

Not true. who said it takes 30 days? It gets reflected into their system immediately. I chagned my address on 07/28 and it was updated in their system right away.

That's what the immigration officer told me. She saw my address change, and said it takes 30 days to update. I guess it just varies.

Anyone who knows/had this kind of situation, what did you do?

thanks

That's what the immigration officer told me. She saw my address change, and said it takes 30 days to update. I guess it just varies.

Anyone who knows/had this kind of situation, what did you do?

thanks

Go to the post office that is delivering the letter to your old Address and request them to keep it so that you can pick it up.

Normally they will return the goverment mails.

Go to the post office that is delivering the letter to your old Address and request them to keep it so that you can pick it up.

Normally they will return the goverment mails.

No federal mails are subject to be forwarded. Post office will return all federal mails to sender.

your approval notice will be returned by post office, however your GC could be forwarded to you as there is no indication of USCIS or any federal agency on the envelope in which they mail cards. They are regular/simple envelopes.

ja94,

First CONGRATULATIONS...

you should always ask the USPS to hold your mail for a couple weeks from the day of your move ... if you havent done this, do now anywyas.. if your cards were already sent back... you probably need to call them, but that doesnt change your Approval...

dont be worried too much.. but do figure out how to get the cards again...
the big thing is you got approved, dont forget that !

just an update, it seems that actual gc mails are forwarded. At least for my case, and a couple others i have seen on this forum.

thanks for all the info.