Approvals Based on FP is confirmed

pingpong02

Registered Users (C)
one of my friend with same details as mine got approved.

Only difference - Did early FP - One month early than me.

Neither RD nor ND. It starts from the date the service center receives the FP review results from FBI.

So far at VSC based on the past history, there is no correlation between FP date and approval. A lot of people before you tried to prove it but failed.

Thanks !! GC012002 for your response

Does anyone know approximately/or an average how weeks/months after a person gives the FP, BCIS would receive the FBI results ??

Hi frantic,

I am thinking if a person has given FP earlier the possibility of getting the FBI results back to BCIS is sooner and hence the approval will be sooner. If not in all cases , atleast in majority of them ??

Thanks

I don't think BCIS will entertain early FP with early approval. If everyone went for early FP, there is no need to schedule FP by BCIS in the first place!

Originally posted by pingpong02
Thanks !! GC012002 for your response

Does anyone know approximately/or an average how weeks/months after a person gives the FP, BCIS would receive the FBI results ??

FP review results (IDENT/NON-IDENT) are normally received within 2-3 days. Only close matches or partial/unclear FP's require more time

Thanks!! Stripped for your response.

Hi compaqdb,

I am not saying that everyone can do / is doing a early FP.

But I know many cases where people have done early FP and these are the cases which may get approved earlier.

Thanks

AFAK, the FP generating system is separate from the normal system. That is why the FP needs an A#. The only thing the approval is based on, to my knowledge, is the RD.

The black box system of immigration works this way - an officer is assigned a set of 485 applications based on the RD's. So if your file is stuck with a lazy one, it will take more time. In the meantime the active one would have started another new set.

If the approvals were based on FP, a lot of Dec filers would have gotten their GC's as they have done their FP's very early.

Hi frantic,

I agree with pingpong02. If you look at Jan approvals in rupnet in most cases the FP was done in april and may 2001. These are the ones that will expire soon. Also see the following thread. following message was posted by Samansa.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89864&highlight=samansa

Samansa

My experience

Dengdeng, I talked with the officer face to face before the Independence Day. Actually she was more friendly than any IIO in the phone. I complained that I've waited too long for my Nov. 2001 case, and my FP would be expired soon. She said she fully understood the situation and nobody likes this, but there were too much work load to clean up the backlogs. Then she found my case on her computer and told me it hasn't assigned to an officer yet. I asked why you were processing the Dec cases but my case was still untouched? She replied that they need to deal with the cases whose FP will be expired first in order to avoid a second FP. I told her my FP on May 2002 was also going to expire soon, she said she noticed that and then typed something into the computer. Then I was told my case will be put into another line which will be processed faster, probabaly before the expire date of my FP. That was my experience. However, nothing new to my case. I'm still waiting with great patience.