Approval of GC when beneficiary not in US

gramanuj

I got my GC approved last week. My wife has gone to India 2 weeks back on a Advance Parole. She will be coming after couple of months. Is it OK for me to get my stamping done. Will she have any problem while returning to US in the port of entry? Can she get her stamping later ?

No Title

Hi
  I am in a situation I cant get the passport stamping right away. Is it ok if I get stamped after 3/4 weeks of 485 approval.

Has anybody done this.

please share.

thanks
raman

No Title

Raman, it is perfectly alright to stamp your passport after 3-4 weeks. I myself did it after almost 3.5 weeks (AD May 21st and PP stamp date June 12th). I was in India when I received my approval. Just came last friday and did stamping yesterday.

so relax and enjoy post approval freedom.

No Title

gramanuj, your wife will not have any problems while reentering US. I was out of country when 485 was approved. I came to us almost after 3 weeks of approval. I showed only AP and didn\'t mention anything about approval and they didn\'t ask me. I didn\'t mention because I had to catch the connecting flight and thought getting GC stamp on the port might take longer time.

So wait for your wifes arrival and if she gets PP stamp thats fine else you should do it togather after her arrival. Its fine to take stamp after 4-5 weeks after approval.

Enjoy your freedom and don\'t worry about these things now. Hey we spent sleepless nights during the GC process. So why to worry now?

Vinayak