Approval Letter says that card to be mailed and passport stamp not required.

whitefeather

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Please lend some advice. My wife (a derivative applicant) got her I-485 approved. Mine was approved earlier and my passport stamped. In her case, they sent an approval letter which has this message on it, "Your case has been approved. We will mail your alien registration card in 120 days."

My questions:

1. Has anyone had a similar experience?
2. Don't they need a picture/fingerprints/old EADs etc. before they can issue her card?
3. Doesn't she need her passport stamped?
4. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Have you taken the digital pictures when you did fingerprint or the so called biometric PF? If yes, CIS has already got your wife's picture. What is apart between your approval and your wife's? Nowadays, some people got the same appoval notices as you.

whitefeather said:
Folks,

Please lend some advice. My wife (a derivative applicant) got her I-485 approved. Mine was approved earlier and my passport stamped. In her case, they sent an approval letter which has this message on it, "Your case has been approved. We will mail your alien registration card in 120 days."

My questions:

1. Has anyone had a similar experience?
2. Don't they need a picture/fingerprints/old EADs etc. before they can issue her card?
3. Doesn't she need her passport stamped?
4. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.

My approval asked me to get an Infopass appointment and get my passport stamped, whereas my wife got this letter saying that card will be mailed.

We received our approvals at different times, she got her approval after I had my passport stamped.

We got our fingerprints together and did not take any pictures at that time.

I think I am going to get an appointment for my wife and have her speak to the officer and get her passport stamped. Any suggestions against doing that?

I copy/paste from another forum as to the same issue. This is only for your reference.

Question by: jeckle
Posted on: 23-Apr-05 Dear Mr. Fan, we just received our I-485 approval notice. It is written in the notice that "The above application has been approved. The Immigration Card Facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days." Does that mean we don't need to do passport stamp in a local USCIS office? Can we still use AP to travel abroad and come back to US before we receive the cards? Thanks a lot for your help!
Attorney's Answer: 1. yes 2. no

whitefeather said:
My approval asked me to get an Infopass appointment and get my passport stamped, whereas my wife got this letter saying that card will be mailed.

We received our approvals at different times, she got her approval after I had my passport stamped.

We got our fingerprints together and did not take any pictures at that time.

I think I am going to get an appointment for my wife and have her speak to the officer and get her passport stamped. Any suggestions against doing that?