Approval by phone - But no change in Web status

justforgc

Registered Users (C)
I had a fax inquiry done last thrusday and I got a phone call from USCIS saying that I was approved. But there has been no change in my case status when I look up on web or via Phone. Is that normal?

Thanks

justforgc said:
I had a fax inquiry done last thrusday and I got a phone call from USCIS saying that I was approved. But there has been no change in my case status when I look up on web or via Phone. Is that normal?

Thanks

Congratulations!!!

Now wait for the approval notice either original copy from your lawyer or courtesy copy that you should get directly to go for stamping.

In the meanwhile have all your I-94s, EADs, APs and photographs ready so that your are all set to go for stamping once the approval notice arrives.

The online status has not been promptly properly updated in recent times and hence not very dependable and trustworthy. Sometimes for certain lucky folks it is very prompt in revealing the correct status but for most it is not. Hence do not worry about it too much.

Since you received a call regarding approval, you are through and relax and wait for the approval notice.

Good Luck :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D

Hi - which number did you send the fax out to, and did you use the official form. I faxed my inquiry out on 8/19 and have heard absolutely nothing.

wac-0303xxx 11/2002
No 2nd FP yet

Do you need I-94 for stamping? What if it is lost?

golumolu said:
Congratulations!!!

Now wait for the approval notice either original copy from your lawyer or courtesy copy that you should get directly to go for stamping.

In the meanwhile have all your I-94s, EADs, APs and photographs ready so that your are all set to go for stamping once the approval notice arrives.

The online status has not been promptly properly updated in recent times and hence not very dependable and trustworthy. Sometimes for certain lucky folks it is very prompt in revealing the correct status but for most it is not. Hence do not worry about it too much.

Since you received a call regarding approval, you are through and relax and wait for the approval notice.

Good Luck :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D

See attached. I did first level inquiry on the numbers listed. I sent out 2/3 faxes to get 2nd Fp and then 2 after 2nd FP.

portalvy said:
Do you need I-94 for stamping? What if it is lost?
yep you do to be safe atleast the latest. most of the time the officer who does stamping does not bother to ask, but some have been quite deligent in securing I-94s, EADs and APs.

How can you guys be so careless with USCIS? No offense meant ok, don't jump on me.

Yes this is normal. Don't trust on online status much it will change eventually. Same thing happened with me. I got to know from phone first and then online status changed. Congratulations ! You are a PR now ! Time to celebrate...

justforgc said:
See attached. I did first level inquiry on the numbers listed. I sent out 2/3 faxes to get 2nd Fp and then 2 after 2nd FP.
How and where did you get this doc file..., is there a similar information about NSC.... there are thousands of our NSC friends waiting.... since National customer sevice is useless... Our NSC friends will get a chance to inquire directly....