Approval and question

Asib

Registered Users (C)
I just received an approval email for my I485 from USCIS.

1- Does it mean my background check is done too?

2- My wife file (dependent) is not approved yet. If it is not approved anytime soon, what her legal status will be? (she is with H4 visa that will expire in 3 months and we got EAD 2 months ago that is not being used).

Thnaks,
---------------
EB2 worldwide
PD Dec 2003
I485 RD Nov. 2005 TSC
Fingerprint Dec 2005
I140 approved Jan 2006

Asib

Asib said:
I just received an approval email for my I485 from USCIS.

1- Does it mean my background check is done too?

2- My wife file (dependent) is not approved yet. If it is not approved anytime soon, what her legal status will be? (she is with H4 visa that will expire in 3 months and we got EAD 2 months ago that is not being used).

Thnaks,
---------------
EB2 worldwide
PD Dec 2003
I485 RD Nov. 2005 TSC
Fingerprint Dec 2005
I140 approved Jan 2006
  1. Yes.
  2. Your wife's status is still "pending Adjustment of Status." Her H4 may expire, but her "status" as AoS doesn't expire. She is legal and her stay is valid up until the I-485 gets adjudicated.

Finally got my card yesterday but no news about my wife. I still do not know what is her status (which is required in many forms anywhere)?

Asib

You got the card , that means that your wife will get hers soon too !!! Do not worry about this , she will receive her good news soon !!!
After that , enjoy your freedom , and when you PARTY , keep us in your minds too !!!
Congratulations , for your wife too , in advance !!!
I was thinking to drink a beer for every aproval that is posted here from now on , and when mine is coming , i do not have to worry about anything , because i'll be allready drunk !!! :)

Thanks, wish you all the same. Being from a country with many restrictions to US that is a real relief. Although in this process one gets hurt enough that at the end enjoyment is mixed bitter-sweet.