Approval after code 3 finger print

weakunix

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just received the emails saying my I485 has been approved and an approval notice was mailed. But I gave code 3 finger print, and I thought the new policy is to order card directly. Anyone had similar experiences?
Thanks
-Wu

weakunix said:
Hi,
I just received the emails saying my I485 has been approved and an approval notice was mailed. But I gave code 3 finger print, and I thought the new policy is to order card directly. Anyone had similar experiences?
Thanks
-Wu
Did they ask you go stamping? If not you will get card directly.

Thanks for all the responses

I guess I'll wait for the actual approval notice to arrive in the mail. It should have instructions as to what to do next.

My case is NIW (EB2) and the ND is 5/25/2005. I did my finger print (code 3 which included picture/signature/10 fingers, etc...) on 6/22/2005, the result of which was received on 6/29/2005 -- there was a LUD change and the online status changed to "results of fingerprint review received and processing resumed". Then came the emails (4 each for me and my wife) about the approval. I've seen several people getting "card ordered" message directly after code 3 FP, that's why I posted this thread.

Yuo should receive another message, card ordered. After that give it another week to receive the card.

did u get aproval in 20 days of fp,2 month of nd?

weakunix said:
I guess I'll wait for the actual approval notice to arrive in the mail. It should have instructions as to what to do next.

My case is NIW (EB2) and the ND is 5/25/2005. I did my finger print (code 3 which included picture/signature/10 fingers, etc...) on 6/22/2005, the result of which was received on 6/29/2005 -- there was a LUD change and the online status changed to "results of fingerprint review received and processing resumed". Then came the emails (4 each for me and my wife) about the approval. I've seen several people getting "card ordered" message directly after code 3 FP, that's why I posted this thread.

Approval within 20 days of FP isn't so ridiculous -- my wife and I had something similar (notice date 4/18/05, FP 7/7/05, approved 8/11/05, cards arrived 8/20/05). I'm wondering if VSC are getting on with the cases they CAN approve while EB3 is stuck. (I was EB2.)

I half-wondered whether the ASC would land up closed for security reasons the day we got fingerprinted -- but everything was normal, even though we parked the car under one of Boston's main railroad/subway stations!