Appointment with the consulates in India

pzgjxr

Registered Users (C)
Has any of you had your visa revalidated after the new rules? Till Jan 2003, I did not have any problems. Now I am on my 7th-year extension and recieved the I-797 on December 23. I went to the Mumbai (visa-services.com) & Chennai (tts) websites to read about the appointment procedures.

It is glaringly obvious that the procedures have been written only for people applying for new H1 visas from India. For instance, the Mumbai consulate gives an interim interview date, but asks for DDs in INR, along with documents. One can send documents, but how does one get a draft in INR from within the US of A?

At the TTS services website, after proceeding through 2 pages of the application form, as you continue, you are confronted with a calendar which says red is booked, blue is available and black is not open. January, February are all red, March onwards, all the months are black. Does it mean that they no longer accept application for appointments?

Please post your experiences here. I want to go sometime in March, when the fares are low, to get my visa revalidated.