applying labor from a different state while working in california as a consultant

desi_consultant

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm working in california as a consultant to a company. I wanted to know if I change my contracting company to a company at east coast for faster green card processing, what kind of problems I can face: specifically

1: How does the LCA gets affected with location. Since I'm working in CA and if labor gets applied from some other state, what are the possible problems.

2: How can it affect other stages of G.C like 140 or 485

3: How is this affected by the recent issue of forum-shopping discussion in some DOLs.

4:How about H1, is it possible to keep your H1 with a company at East coast and work in California (as a consultant)

Thanks for your help.

dc

Originally posted by desi_consultant
Hi,

I'm working in california as a consultant to a company. I wanted to know if I change my contracting company to a company at east coast for faster green card processing, what kind of problems I can face: specifically

1: How does the LCA gets affected with location. Since I'm working in CA and if labor gets applied from some other state, what are the possible problems.

2: How can it affect other stages of G.C like 140 or 485

3: How is this affected by the recent issue of forum-shopping discussion in some DOLs.

4:How about H1, is it possible to keep your H1 with a company at East coast and work in California (as a consultant)

Thanks for your help.

dc
Company normally files LC from HQ and not from consultant's working location.