Applying I-140 & 485 and India Vacation

pk_karim

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am working for company A and stamped visa H1 until June,05.
Applying Approved Labor 140 & 485 from Company B now. After applying 140 & 485 Can I go for a vacation to India with valid H1B visa?
Please help me.

Thanks

Yes, but make sure you get your 485 recipt note or some one should receive it and send it to you to your india address.

at the POE when you return from india you have to show your ORIGINAL 485 receipt notice alongwith your visa to the immigration officer.

Thanks for reply.
Even I have Valid H1 visa stamped in Passport, I need 485 receipt original while entering USA at POE?
In the mean time If I get EAD or Advance Parole What should I do?

Is it advisable to go for vacation after applying 140 & 485 concurrently without 485 receipt or EAD/Advance Parole?

Thanks

You need not worry about getting your I485,I140,EAD,AP receipt. So can happily travel on your current H1 Visa if valid.

Nof

Hi pk_karim,
Could you please share you NOF related info in Boston DOL?
I hope your Labor would have been approved by now.
thanks,
gc_2005

pk_karim said:
Hi

I am working for company A and stamped visa H1 until June,05.
Applying Approved Labor 140 & 485 from Company B now. After applying 140 & 485 Can I go for a vacation to India with valid H1B visa?
Please help me.

Thanks

I have my 140 and 485 appiled in Nov 03. FP done in June 04. I went out of country in July. I had confirmed with my lawyer because I did not had my AP. He told me as long as my H1 is valid I can travel out of country, I need not tell immigrations officers about 485 application.
Have a safe trip. :)
thanks