Applying for O1- is a "Peer Review Letter" really needed???

abuddafly

Okay so, my immigration lawyer has been working on my O1 case for months now, we got all the required materials such as recommendation letters, USCIS forms, employment contract, future itinerary and other supporting materials such as reviews, cd covers, programs, etc.
Now, as we are getting ready for filing, my lawyer all of a sudden says, there is one last requirement and that is a Peer Review Letter from the American Federation of Musicians.
i have never heard of this. i have had P visas in the past (which require pretty much the same support materials) and never had that kind of a letter. such a letter is pretty expensive and i am concerned that my lawyer just wants the money...
can someone tell me if i really do NEED this letter as a musician applying for an O1.

Thanks a lot....

In order to qualify, the applicant must demonstrate international prominence in his/her particular area of extraordinary ability with significant documentation, usually in the form of objective evidence. Such documentation generally consists of publications in prominent newspapers, magazines, books or peer-reviewed journals; evidence of citations; patents; awards; certificates; reference letters from other prominent individuals in the field and other objective acknowledgement of extraordinary ability. A US company or agent must sponsor the foreign national for O-1 status.