Applying for N-400. Please help me

sri sri

Registered Users (C)
I am ready to apply for citizenship. But after applying for N-400, i am planning to be out of country for more than 6 months. But I will be working for our own company from India. Is it ok to leave US and stay out for 6 months. becos i want to know what kind of communication i will be receiving from INS. i am planning to give my friends address in Wisconsin. I actually live in texas. how does this affect my n-400 processing. is there any possibility that i can give finger prints from india too. how long does it take for fp. please help me by giving ur advice

several problems with this scenario

First:: When you file the N-400 from TX, you may not send your fingerprints from INDIA.
Second: If you are out of the US for more than 6 months, you may be considered to have broken your residence for naturalization purposes, even if you get to keep your green card when you return. You will still have to watch your total time in/out.

for more information, contact INS customer service @ 1800-375-5283, or your local district office.

Milwaukee Times

Anyone with times for Milwaukee?

My Mom is 79 no Fingerprint required and the Notice letter says they will contact her in 90 days
PD March 13, 2002
ND April 16, 2002

Thanks in advance