Applying for GC. Want to know if my birthplace matters for 485.

Paras

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have just started my PERM. And I got the news the dates have become current. I have an Indian passport but was born in QATAR (middle East). I read some article that said that retrogation date will probably be sometime in september for India and china mainland. I am not sure if I will get my labor by then to start my 485 before the retrogation in September.

I am also not sure if it matters in my case since i am not born in India. So does it apply to me.

Please HELP!!!!

Paras

Yes, your birthplace decides which country's quota will be used for you. Since you were born in Qatar, you will fall under the rest-of-the-world, and not under India.

This is great news,
Not that I dont believe you, but just to double check, is there any one else who agrees to this?

The reason I ask again is that I talked to a former secretary of a immigration lawyer and she said that the citizenship matters not the Birth place. But since she is not really a lawyer I am not sure she is right. And If any one think why I have not asked this to a lawyer? Well since last week's news, getting hold of a lawyer is like trying to talk to the President.