Applying for F-1 (OPT) visa while approved for H1-B change of status

Caesar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I entered the US in 2004 on the F-1 Visa for my MBA studies. Currently I work on OPT, while my F-1 Visa expired in May 2006. Recently I have received USCIS approval for the change of status to H1-B effective October 2006.

I will visit my home country in August 2006 and intend to renter the US by the end of August. Since my F-1 visa has expired and I am not eligible to receive an H1-B visa before the end of September 2006, I scheduled an interview in the US Embassy to receive a new F-1 Visa that allows me to reenter the US to continue my OPT.

I heard that there might be an issue that my H1-B change of status will be cancelled once i entre the US in different (F-1) status. Is this correct even in the case that my current status in the US is still F-1 and i will enter the US in the current F-1 status (although with new F-1 visa) before the change of status to H-1 (October)?

Also, in case my change of status will be cancelled, can i continue to work at the US till the end of my OPT, and then travel abroad and stamp my passport with H-1 in the US Consulate to be able to work after OPT ends?

Addiitionally, can all this stuff harm me when my employer files the Greencard (Employment Authorization) application for me?

Thanks,

Barak