Applying for EB1A and EB1B in parallel

gmmdg

Hi all, I'm currently going through the process of applying for EB1B with the help of my employer. I am considering applying for EB1A in parallel with an external lawyer. I am curious to know if others in this group have done the same and could share their experience. Specifically:
1. Is there any benefit to pursuing both in parallel, or any negative consequences (e.g. if one of the petitions gets denied while the other is being processed)?
2. Has anyone opted for premium processing in either or both cases, and know of the pros and cons?
3. Any other benefits, pitfalls to look out for. Any advice would be valuable!
Thanks!

I've actually been through a similar situation. I applied for EB1B with my employer's support and simultaneously pursued EB1A with an external lawyer. It was a bit nerve-wracking, but ultimately worth it. Pursuing both gave me a backup plan in case one got denied. I opted for premium processing for EB1A, which helped speed up the process, but it's essential to weigh the costs and benefits. My advice would be to stay organized, communicate effectively with your lawyer, and be prepared for a potentially lengthy process. Good luck with your applications!