• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Applying for DV2015 when in the running for DV2014. Has this happened to anyone before?

Vesper

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I'm new to writing on this forum but have found lots of useful information on here in the past, so hi everybody! I had a question that I was hoping someone might be able to answer or have some input on... I was selected for further processing for DV2014 and have sent in all my documents. I'm waiting for the second confirmation letter (hoping for it!), but in the meantime, the DV2015 period has rolled around and I'm unsure whether or not to apply for it. Would it be a bad idea to? I'm concerned about crossing wires or if it's best for me to just sit tight... At the same time, I don't want to pass up an opportunity for another chance in case this doesn't work out!

Thanks ahead of time! :)

No problem applying, and if you have a high number it's probably wise to do so.

Someone on my home forum won DV2013 having already won DV2012 (without realising it as they were not aware of the second draw) so as long a chance as it sounds to win two consecutive years it can happen...

Vesper you are not alone in applying for 2 years in a row. Many DV winners with high numbers are nervous they will not be interviewed, so have applied again. You are certainly allowed to do so!

Just don't take my spot ok!! :D

Q

Thank you SusieQQQ and Qewty! I will reapply, as I fear my number is quite high, I'm an EU40... Qewty I promise I won't take your spot! ;)

i've benn selected with number 52xxx.

is it too high?

how many possibilities i have to get the GC?
is it better to aplly also for dv2015?

THANKS!

is it too high?

THANKS!

If that is an EU number then yes it is very high. Probably too high. None of us really know what will happen though so keep watching the visa bulletins and yes apply for DV2015.

is it too high?

THANKS!

I'm EU40 and my number is considered high, but I totally agree with britsimon below - we never know! So send in your documents and get everything ready just in case! When I called the KCC I was told that my number wouldn't be called until next year, since the 40ks are quite high. I'm still getting everything set up, though! Can't hurt to apply for DV2015 as well. Best of luck!