apply H1B in Canada after I-140 approved

suley

My I-140 has been approved but then I was laid off. Now I have to start everything from the beginning for GC. I need to apply for a H1 B in Toronto. Can anyone share some info about applying H1B in Canada after I-140 has been approved? Is that going to be a problem since I-140 means previous immigration intent?

suley said:
My I-140 has been approved but then I was laid off. Now I have to start everything from the beginning for GC. I need to apply for a H1 B in Toronto. Can anyone share some info about applying H1B in Canada after I-140 has been approved? Is that going to be a problem since I-140 means previous immigration intent?
No -- H1B visa is a dual intent visa.
H1B cannot be denied to a person solely due to the fact that the person expressed an immigrant intent.

The wording of the law is very clear on this - you should be OK.

H1 Renewal and passport expiry - Canada - Pl help

Can I got for H1 visa revalidation in Canada ?
Question 1 -
My passport expires before at least 6 months past the intended stay in the U.S.
From what I understand "intended stay in the U.S." is the time my new H1 expiration date.

This links says http://www.amcits.com/visas.asp#ability
Valid Passport (at least 6 months).

However, link
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_waivers.html talks about

Exerts from above link 7 (B) (i) "is in possession of a passport valid for a
minimum of six months from the date of expiration of the initial period of
the alien's admission or contemplated initial period of stay authorizing the
alien to return to the country from which the alien came or to proceed to
and enter some other country during such period, or"

Question 2 - I am Canadian Landed immigrant, can I apply for visa in Canada or I am not eligible as I do not have work experience Or degree from Canada.

Evidence of qualifications must be original or certified copy. Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to H-1B applicants if their education and /or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the U.S. or Canada.