Apply EAD and AP in Boston

GreenCardMA

Registered Users (C)
I haven't applyed my EAD and AP. I am planning to go to Boston to do it. Any one know INS office in Boston and it's work time? I am only free during weekend lately. Can I go there Saturday or Sunday? Please share your experience with me. Thank you very much in advance.

hours and localization

INS Boston is located at JFK building first floor and you can reach there by Orange Line (Heymarket stop). Their hours is from 7am to 3pm. I don't believe the office overthere opens during the weekend.

Wish you could post your experience since i may also want to apply for EAD there soon.

Good luck

Thanks cyj2002

Cyj2002, thanks for reply. I will post my experience once I am done with it. If you go there before me, please post your experience too.

Been to INS Boston on Aug 21 for EAD & AP

I went to INS Boston to get EAD & AP. I reached there at 7:30 AM on Wednesday and left there on 11:30AM. This would give some idea on amount of time you may have to spend there.

For EAD they take pictures and for AP you need to carry 2 Immigration photographs with you. Fees are 120 for EAD and 110 for AP. I had two separate money orders. I also carried passport and all other relevent immigration & H1 documents. Also I had letter of statement for needing AP and letter from employer stating that employment is active and allowed to vacation. INS did not asked for any of these letters.

To answer your question, INS is open only on weekdays except third Friday of month. Weekend in person application may not be a option for you.

Hope that helps and good luck.

For WaitingForVSC485

Hi,

I was curious to know whether it was your first time EAD appln. or did you go to renew your EAD?

My EAD is expiring in January 2003 and I was wondering if I can wait for a couple of months before renewing it (RD 11/13/2001). And in case it's a one day process then perhaps I can wait till October before renewing it.

Appreciate your answers.
TIA

Great info

Thank you very much WaitingForVSC485. It was very informing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: For WaitingForVSC485

I got mine within the same day last year in Boston. I've heard there have been some changes in INS Boston office, but don't know exactly what changes were and how they'd affect EAD.

Cheers, :)

Originally posted by 180DaysGuy
Hi,

I was curious to know whether it was your first time EAD appln. or did you go to renew your EAD?

My EAD is expiring in January 2003 and I was wondering if I can wait for a couple of months before renewing it (RD 11/13/2001). And in case it's a one day process then perhaps I can wait till October before renewing it.

Appreciate your answers.
TIA

Urgent reply requested from WaitingForVSC485

I am at Boston too. I need to travel to India soon, my AOS, EAD and AP will be filed next week.
Our H1/H4 are valid till yr 2004. So, lawyer said we don't need AP approval before we travel, but we need !-485 receipt notice before we travel outside US.

Now, there's a possibility that we may not get the receipt notice so soon before my travel date. Reading your experience with INS Boston for AP was very very encouraging, so I am thinking of option of not filing AP with VSC along with my 485 and EAD, rather what if I go with AP application to Boston INS ? Will they give me AP approval on the same day as U? Does INS Boston ask for 485 receipt notice for giving AP approval? Bcoz my reason for going to INS Boston for AP is I will not have the receipt notice for 485 filing, but I need to travel to India. And what cause do I have to show to INS Boston so that they issue me AP on the same day I apply before them? I am just going to India to see my parents, and my tickets were bought from before, and those tickets are non-refundable, so I lose a lot of money if we don't go.

Would be very grateful for any help in this matter.Please reply ASAP, since my lawyer is supposed to file all 3 ie AOS, EAD and AP to VSC next week.