Appliying for I495 .. lost old I797

shaja

Registered Users (C)
This is my 8th years on H1. About 6 years ago, I lost our H1/H4 approvals from 4 companies by that time. However, since then I have all H1/H4 approvals.
During H1 renewal/extension, we never had issue with lost I797. However, we are filing I-485 and I-140 next week.
I was wondering if anyone of know about any impact of lost but expired I797 on green card process.

If I need to get those old I797, what is the process?

Thank you very much in advance.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
similar situation

I also dont have I-797 from one of my past employers.. any comments on how to overcome this problem?.. thanks.

This is my 8th years on H1. About 6 years ago, I lost our H1/H4 approvals from 4 companies by that time. However, since then I have all H1/H4 approvals.
During H1 renewal/extension, we never had issue with lost I797. However, we are filing I-485 and I-140 next week.
I was wondering if anyone of know about any impact of lost but expired I797 on green card process.

If I need to get those old I797, what is the process?

Thank you very much in advance.
:)

I guess during your 485, USCIS want to check your history like maintaining your valid status. So you definately need old I797.
It is better off checking with your old company to give you a photocopy. The old employer may also have a copy of it.
Or the old employer can request duplicate from USCIS if you know the case number, but it is time consuming.